Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built its platform with intelligent automation, & a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent & personalized service to each & every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate & collaborative people who really care about what they do & the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, & have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn & be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, & UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 & are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum & Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures & Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Meta. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team & be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
Does the phrase securing the provisioning of highly available, highly scalable, automated, cloud-based production environments roll off your tongue? Have you previously worked on any large scale web applications? You might just be the engineer were looking to join our team. Youll be the bedrock of our engineering experience, pushing our team to perform efficiently with the best tools available. The ideal candidate in our eyes will have a blend of DevOps & Backend experience, being heavier on the DevOps end with some experience in building & designing web applications at scale.
This role sits on our Cloud/Velocity team - this team focuses on issues that affect internal & external confidence in our application & brand (Trust) as well as issues that affect the speed of development as it relates to the whole engineering team (Velocity). We take ownership of anything that involves performance, scalability, reliability, observability, availability, & security. Lastly, this team also handles trust reviews prior to the start of any project to ensure that features are built in a way that optimizes for the previously listed areas of concern.
You'll be responsible for:
- Automating the deployment of testing, staging, & production environments
- Improving the efficiency of development testing
- Measuring & reporting on scalability, performance, & availability
- Monitoring & responding to staging & production system alerts
- Working closely with the other developers & test engineers to collaborate on team initiatives
- Experience in creating/managing robust access roles & policies, implementing security observability tools & automations & optimizing for performance & cost, managing secrets & automated key rotations
- Increasing the resiliency of the infrastructure
- Identify areas for automations around patching of vulnerabilities
- Managing tools to mitigate DDoS attacks
- Working closely with the Security team to optimize infrastructure in order to satisfy compliance requirements
- You live & breathe automation, performance, & optimization
- You have experience with AWS & Docker
- You have experience with application architecture design & development
- You have a working knowledge of writing code & scripts in multiple languages
- You have knowledge of best practices, operating a highly available & secure service
- You have built & managed features in a large scale application
- 4+ years experience managing & monitoring a highly available distributed application
- Strong AWS experience managing infrastructure in a secure, highly available, automated fashion (VPC, ELB, Auto Scaling)
- Docker & container management experience
- Knowledge of building & managing CI/CD pipelines
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Experience with Terraform
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, & a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.