About the Team
The Finance team at Harrys is a part of Global Finance & responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness & accuracy, supporting cross functional partners & presenting financial results to the wider business. The team plays a critical role in enabling the leadership team to make fast, data-driven, strategic decisions & ensuring that the business operates smoothly.
About the Role
Harrys is seeking an outstanding Finance Associate to join the International Finance team to assist with Central Operations in a fast paced, young, vibrant & rapidly growing business. This newly created role will join as the seventh member of the Finance team based in our London office, looking after Inventory, Operations & Head Office spend for the International business. At Harrys, Finance isnt your typical month-end close type of team. While the day to day job is ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting information to the greater business, thats only the start of what youll do. Youll also work on various special projects, working closely with other functions across the business including Operations, Facilities, Legal, People as well as the wider global Finance team.
What youll accomplish:
- Perform a key role in the monthly & quarterly close processes
- Processing accounts payable, regularly dealing directly with our suppliers & customers
- Posting inventory adjustments to ensure completeness & accuracy of records
- Assisting with VAT, Intrastat & Duty reporting
- Completion of monthly reconciliations & reporting
- Assist with the annual audit, including working directly with external auditors & requests
- Working with the other members of the finance team to improve processes & the accuracy of our financial reporting
- Working closely with cross functional stakeholders
- Work on a variety of ad hoc task, projects & initiatives, including the launch of new products, brands & geographies
This should describe you:
- Eager to develop themselves in a career in finance
- Previous experience within a finance function with the use of accounting software advantageous but not a necessity for the right candidate
- Confident in the use of Excel
- Organised with high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills & someone that likes to work together as part of a team
- Eager to learn & develop
- Approachable, enthusiastic, & sees challenges as an opportunity to grow
Who youll work with:
- Report directly to the Central Ops Finance Manager
- Work daily with the other members of the International Finance team
- Work closely with the greater global Finance team in the US & Germany
- Working side-by-side as a business partner with other functions across the business & geographies including Operations, Supply Chain, Facilities, People & Legal
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.