Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable, & inclusive environment. Were committed to attracting, developing, retaining, & promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, were increasingly capable of living out our mission & providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds & all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
The worlds largest & fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, & Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy & maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, & today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements & innovation would not be possible without the driven & collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, were as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture & the community around us, & have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
About the role:
As Demandbases Customer Support Engineering team grows, we are looking for a proven, highly technical Customer Support Manager capable of inspiring & motivating a world-class team. In this role as a player/coach, you will help deliver a cohesive world-class experience to both technical & non-technical clients with complex technical needs.
Were looking for an exceptional technical support leader who has a passion for developing others, building effective teams, & helping us continue to uphold & surpass our commitments to the customers we serve. In this role as a player/coach, you will help deliver a cohesive world-class experience to both technical & non-technical clients with complex technical needs. Our team is continuing to grow, & we want you to be a part of it!
As the first line of contact with our customers, our support team plays a crucial role in ensuring their success using Demandbase. A customer-first mindset is a must as great customer experiences fuel the adoption of our product.
What were looking for:
- 2+ years of experience leading & scaling teams in rapid growth environments with proven results as a high-performer - experience leading global teams preferred
- 5+ years of experience supporting SaaS applications in a customer-facing, problem-solving technical support role
- Proven experience facilitating between customer-facing & technical teams
- Basic programming experience with the following technologies in particular: HTML, Python, & APIs
- You are organized & detail-oriented, with solid data analysis & manipulation skills (and you have opinions on CSAT, NPS, Customer Effort, First response time, Cost per conversation, & other KPIs)
- You are an excellent communicator & are able to interact with a wide variety of customers with varying technical savvy & can clearly & thoughtfully explain new concepts to different audiences
- You have a customer-first mentality with a track record of going above & beyond to serve customers
- Experience with common support tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, & Jira
- Web marketing, Analytics, AdTech, & CRM experience is a plus.
- Participate in on-call rotation
A few traits that will be helpful to achieve success in this role:
- Ability to handle high-pressure customer engagements with poise, patience, & persistence.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive & optimistic attitude.
- Flexible thinking. Were looking for highly adaptable people to help us continue to grow this fast-evolving business.
What youll be doing:
- Building & leading a world-class, high-performing Customer Support Engineering team
- Providing day-to-day leadership of a team of Customer Support Engineers working across the US & EMEA to deliver world-class help & issue resolution to our customers
- Measuring team effectiveness by clearly defining operational outcomes & creating a cadence for review with the team, contributing to team best practices, escalation process & capabilities
- Driving continuous improvement by updating internal processes & implementing best practices through timely feedback, weekly 1:1 meetings, QA, workshops, & team building
- Ensuring the team has the training, coaching, & the tools necessary to improve customers experience in their interactions with Support & to be highly-skilled & effective problem solvers
- Partnering proactively & develop strong relationships with internal teams
- Serving as the internal & external point of contact on customer escalations & ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible