Sports matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, commitment, & confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, & volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes & make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a technology company providing team management, scorekeeping, & live fan experiences that keep athletes connected with the team community. With GameChanger, coaches & parents can organize & follow their athletes journey in a simple & powerful way.
Were headquartered in downtown Manhattan & are proud to be part of the DICKS Sporting Goods family.
As a Platform Engineer, you will play an important role on the team building core services & production engineering that power our next generation of sports community applications. This work spans the API server, caching, databases, queueing systems, CI / CD & scaling automation, security, & developer productivity tools. You should have an interest in building backend systems that are performant, stable, secure, & massively scalable.
- Work with a small team of collaborative, polyglot engineers
- Contribute to the backend infrastructure & APIs supporting our family of iOS, Android, & web applications
- Build & maintain systems, supporting millions of active users, with hundreds of millions of daily API calls
- Contribute to the automated, zero down-time build-to-deploy pipeline
- Automate auto-scaling in the AWS hosted infrastructure
- Support multiple customer-facing teams to develop reusable & scalable architectures & tools
- Teach & learn with engineers across the company
- Be an advocate for responsible engineering practices (such as automated testing & security consciousness)
What were looking for:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or sufficient equivalent experience to have developed solid fundamentals
- Other optional languages include: Kotlin, Swift, Go, Scala, C++
- Exposure to SQL & non-relational databases
- Enthusiasm for backend technologies
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, especially in complex systems
- Ability & interest in learning new technologies quickly
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind & interesting individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, & coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy
- Well-furnished, modern office
- Commuter Benefits
- Endless supply of snacks & drinks
- Learning tools including Safari Books Online, opportunities to join clubs, attend conferences, & participate in hack days
- Organized lunches, happy hours, & team outings
At GameChanger we are
We put our customers first, always asking, Will this enhance their youth sports experience?. We deeply understand our customers & work hard to anticipate their needs. We celebrate & support our customers contributions to their communities.
We hold each other accountable to deliver our best effort. We are empathetic & supportive, providing a safe environment for risk taking. We listen actively, encourage debate, & commit to action. We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
We take on challenging initiatives designed to drive significant growth. We are mission-oriented, working with urgency to deliver value to our customers. We set a high bar, invest in development, & strive to be the best.
We take the initiative to solve problems. We entrust decisions to those closest to the problem. We embrace individual responsibility & accountability.
We concentrate resources on our most important work, often saying "no" to other initiatives. We respect others time by limiting distractions, running efficient meetings & communicating concisely.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.