Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 60 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
We are looking for a strong team player who is able to develop a consistent & aligned strategy across the Success organization & build/scale out the operational processes & capabilities to deliver on the strategy. The Customer Success Operations & and Strategy Lead will be responsible for partnering with the success leadership team to identify areas of opportunity & inefficiency, provide recommendations to drive improvement in those areas & champion consistently improving business performance. We are looking for someone who can be a player coach as a key role on a strong, cohesive team that can scale into the future. The impact of this role is analytical problem-solving, leading a high-performing team, partnering with senior cross-functional leaders & engaging the SaaS customer journey alongside overall business growth.
What Youll Do:
- Own the Customer Success program, process, team enablement, data insights & tracking with the goal of improving the customer journey for our customers via Stack CSMs
- Own & lead CS playbook formation & activation across the Stack product offerings, driven by CS data & insights (ie active usage, seat deployment, integrations, etc)
- Build & drive process, change management, systematic practice & tooling for Customer Success across product lines
- Guide key cross-functional relationships as the owner-in-team of customer engagement KPIs including renewal/churn indicators, growth & usage trends & CSM performance metrics
- Be a confident, hands-on organizational visionary with the ability to do the work, as well-- you can see what needs to be done & work backwards to drive execution based on data
- Coordinate with Customer Success & cross functional leaders & earn credibility through your expertise on process & systems as a strong communicator & effective influencer.
- Lead with critical reasoning & creative problem solving, & leverage data to drive influence & strategy while thinking of systems holistically
- Thrive in ambiguity, are collaborative by nature & can create clarity through information gathering
- Lead a team of Customer Insights Analysts, providing critical relevant data around the Stack customer experience both internally (partnering with LoB Leaders) & externally via QBRs
What You'll Need to Have:
- 7+ years experience of hands-on Customer Operations, Customer Success, or Revenue/Sales Operations
- 4+ years of seasoned & mature strategy & analytics leadership working alongside senior executives (e.g. C-suite & Director/VP)
- Experience with sales, customer success, business operations or professional services in a strategic or operational role
- Track record of creating & delivering high profile strategic projects within a business, across functions and/or on global teams
- Able to drive change management, build aligned tooling & develop methods to measure & systemize CS KPIs for internal teams & customers
- Have led or influenced high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment
- Have experience in a continually changing environment where you are agile & able to adjust strategies & realign priorities
- Proven your ability to succeed in both collaborative & independent work environments
- Experience with Success technology tooling (eg Salesforce, Looker, CS tools etc.)
- College degree, MBA or equivalent preferred
- Love of SaaS & fast-growth tech
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Were a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), youll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.