Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions & products that deliver the convenience & security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
- Review incentive models to determine that contractual commitments are in accordance with the terms of the contract, ensuring that all key obligations have been accurately addressed
- Review contractual payments per terms of acceptance contracts. Liaison with Sales, merchants & merchant's acquiring banks to determine the fulfillment of contractual obligations. Assist in the resolution of related issues & discrepancies
- Review & approve deliverables prepared by analysts to ensure all incentive agreements/contractual obligations are properly assessed & to ensure accuracy of data, proper application of accounting policy, & compliance with SOX controls
- Review Pro forma & Accounting Treatment to ensure accuracy of contract interpretation & application of Visa's accounting policy respectively
- Create or review Process Guides for different Incentive Types & Programs. Provide guidance & direction to team members
- Review monthly estimated amortization & payment schedules per contract terms & Visa's Accounting Policy
- Analyze & explain/review the variances between forecasted & actual contractual commitments & prepare the necessary adjustments
- Drive & provide support for Client Incentive projects & initiatives such as system implementation, process improvements, business initiatives, new product launch etc.
- Foster collaborative team environment & provide effective coaching & mentoring to develop team members
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
- The candidate will interact with various levels of management across the organization as well as with external clients. Strong leadership & interpersonal skills are required as cross-functional projects occur on a regular basis
- Continue to improve & strengthen relationships with external/internal customers
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support to numerous internal & external parties
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- B.S. degree in business/accounting required with 7+ years of experience in finance & accounting. MBA or advanced degree or CPA preferred
- Strong analytical & modeling skills
- Must be self-motivated & comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Attention to detail & diligence in driving results
- Team player with the ability to establish strong relationships with business partners
- Must demonstrate strong leadership & communication skill
- Advanced Excel skills & Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint & Access
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires no travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.