Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The role of the Enablement Program Manager is to provide the tools, assets, resources, & training to the internal sales team & our external partner network in order to improve efficiency & success.Taking direction from the Sr. Director of Sales Enablement, & coordinating tasks within the Enablement team, will interface with cross functional commercial teams,ie. Sales, Sales Managers, SDR Managers, Partner Team, Global Customer Success & more in order to design & develop standardized enablement programming with an internal focus on performance improvement & process excellence.
- Partners with enablement team & cross-functional stakeholders to build & manage enablement systems & programs
- Deploys program management theory & rigor in developing enablement motions end to end
- Strong go-to-market planning & execution abilities with a keen sense of schema dependency control & institutionalizing programs & systems
- Identifies enablement needs through cross functional work, data reviews, & performance analysis
- Owns certain enablement programs - could include: onboarding, ramping programs, weekly specialized training sessions, Sales methodology program, LMS maintenance, etc.
- Monitors the effectiveness of enablement programs of employees using individual or group performance results
- Demonstrates excellence in training & education delivery
- Performs content reviews & keeps collateral up to date & revisioned
- Collects feedback on sessions from attendees to use for future improvements to content & presentation
- Comfortable writing curriculum & designing assets & artifacts
- Understands & conforms to Adult Learning Theory
- Develops, writes, & updates course content & coordinates learning curriculum to reflect long-term learning needs
- Contributes to the development & creation of learning paths & training artifacts
- May specialize in a particular subject, training program, or function of the company
- Supports enhancements to company products, business practices, & other topics as needed
- Superior adaptability in an ambiguous environment
- Proactivity in problem solving & architecting the art-of-the-possible solutions for review & collaboration with senior director.
- As directed, designs training for lectures, online/digital courses, & self-study sessions
- Operates as council & partner with the Sr. Director of Enablement to inform decisions based on metrics driven analysis & intel through 1:1 & team interactions
- Partners with Sr. Director of Enablement to design assessment & evaluation models to determine phased training needs
- Partners with Sr. Director of Enablement to architect annual training project scope & priorities
- Will participate in stand-and-present training, Sales coaching & rep evaluations frequently
- Listens to sales calls & participates in the evaluations of sales representatives regularly
- 5+ years in Sr. Sales related capacity; preferably SaaS enterprise Sales
- Demonstrable cross-functional project management excellence
- Instructional Design & design authoring tools experience, highly preferred
- Previous engaging classroom training experience
- Bachelors degree in related discipline
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 - $122,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission & equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, & other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.