VaynerMedia is a global creative & media agency built for the now. Born in social our work is now full service, simply loving big ideas that connect & create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney & Mexico City. And were not too bad at what we do, with our work winning in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD & The Webbies to name a few.
Here in London we have huge ambitions. Weve doubled in size over the last year & broadened both our client list & the kind of work were doing for them. Our roots are in social & we love it - its where we get to understand different audiences, to experiment, to gain insight & to see how people really engage & respond to ideas.
We are creative & media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. A lot of our work in-house (with our own production, edit & motion teams) because execution is key to effectiveness. We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms & part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model & process on its head. We dont play to agency/industry norms & our culture & energy reflects that.
We have an incredible client list across UK, EMEA & Globally. Our ideas live & breathe in organic & paid social but also fully integrated campaigns including TVCs, radio, press, OOH (you name it were there). Our difference? We learn fast - from what we see & how our audiences really act, alongside cultural cues to create our integrated campaigns.
Infused with the DNA of our founder, we pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit. Being an independent agency affords us the freedom to be bold & stray from convention. It also allows us to pivot quickly, which is key to succeeding in an ever-changing market. The same way Gary was one of the early YouTube influencers, VaynerMedia has been the forerunner in many opportunities, serving as alpha/beta launch partners with platforms from Facebook & YouTube to TikTok & Snapchat.
But ultimately we are people people. We are skills first rather than where you studied & who you know. Were here to change advertising so we thrive on free-thinkers with big ambitions.
Sound like you?
We are looking for a motivated & highly organised individual with good problem solving skills. Someone who has a strong desire to grow & develop their career in Accounting & to join the team as an Accounts Assistant/Junior Accountant. You will be an integral member of the finance team, with reporting lines into the Finance Manager, dealing with the more transactional side of accounting initially.
The task at hand:
- The main responsibility of the Accounts Assistant is to support our current Junior Accountant with business accounting activities. These include:
- Processing supplier invoices
- Reconciling weekly bank transactions
- Processing corporate card & travel & entertainment expenses via our new system - TripActions.
- Identifying, coding & entering credit card payments & obtaining associated receipts.
- Creating & posting accounting journal entries
- Coding & allocating departmental budgets in Excel
- You will be expected to help document & maintain the companys finance procedures, updating & implementing wherever necessary, in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Assisting our current Junior Accountant with systems administration including setting up new clients, suppliers, contractors & employees as well as maintaining existing records.
- Ad-hoc finance tasks as required.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Be reliable & self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Show initiative, able to quickly learn new skills, ability to prioritise workload.
- Some form of qualification in Business, Finance or Accounting or has completed the AAT qualification.
- Has relevant experience or strong desire to progress into Accounting career.
- Experience with Oracle Netsuite is preferred (not essential).
- A strong desire to start CIMA or ACCA or evidence that studies are underway already.
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
For now, these are some of the things we have in place to support you
We regularly review our benefits & are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people. This currently includes all the good stuff you would expect from Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday through to Group Personal Pension & Income Protection.
We know some days aren't as good as others & that's OK. We have our mental health partner Sanctus on hand for employee coaching sessions & an Employee Assistance Programme in place should you need it. We also work with NABS, an industry specific support organisation who are passionate about helping people to thrive.
Sometimes it can be the smaller things that make you smile. We have a wide variety of discounts & benefits through Perkbox & you can save on your commute through Commuter Club or our Cycle To Work Scheme. If R&R is more your thing you can take some time out for a monthly massage. We understand that there has never been a more important time for self care & as such we have a varied wellbeing programme to help you to be your best self.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.