Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications & hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies & APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing & checkout experience anywhere in their customers shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, & has experienced explosive growth to date. Were backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
Bread is looking for an SDET to lead our Technology Testing Practice.
Because our software is deployed on hundreds of merchants' sites we have unique testing challenges & the stakes are higher than at most technology companies. We consider testing not just a core competency but a key competitive advantage. Our Testing Practice is an integral part of our company.
We're looking for an engineer who is passionate about quality, is looking for open ended, unsolved challenges in the field of software testing & wants to be a thought leader within our product engineering team.
This person will:
- Establish a culture where the craft of software testing goes hand in hand with the craft of product development.
- Build a best in class automated testing environment tightly integrated into our CI/CD system.
- Write tools & establish patterns that will be used by our engineering team to test their code.
- Define measurable top level quality goals.
- Inform infrastructure capacity planning with a systematic test of our setup (i.e. load testing.)
- Continuously improve the performance & reliability of our test suites.
- Strong points of view about architecting a system for testability & demonstrated success implementing those points of view.
- Experience testing APIs & Services
- eCommerce experience
- Experience in leadership roles
- The ability & desire to be productive in a hands on role
- Experience with Go
- Experience with Chef
If this is you, submit a cover letter & resume to apply!
Engineers at Bread also get the opportunity to participate in 20% time through Working Groups! Working Groups are quarterly teams of 4 to 6 engineers who set out to tackle a specific engineering initiative outside of their core engineering team. Working Groups have included ones for Logging Architecture, Internal Authentication, Community & Blogs, Testing Infrastructure, & Monitoring. Groups meet every Friday to plan & own their roadmap & implement their features. All engineers get a chance to be in one of these groups & over time potentially lead a group for that quarter. It's another opportunity as an engineer at Bread to have impact across the entire organization!