INTURN is the leading global platform that standardizes the way the retail industry plans shops & transacts off-price inventory
At INTURN, we manage the brokerage of millions of dollars of merchandise & the complexities of a rapidly growing business. Collaborate with our incredible design team & engineers to be a part of an experienced & creative team. You have the opportunity to work on a product that is solving a real-world problem that brands & retailers will use every day.
INTURN is looking for a platform engineering leader who will be responsible for the performance, scalability, security, & stability of INTURN's infrastructure. You will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, & maintaining the infrastructure on AWS. Creating tools to automate & scale the infrastructure. Maintain stability & uptime through best practices of distributed systems. And last but not least, designing the architecture of INTURN's infrastructure with security in mind.
You will get the opportunity to work with the bleeding edge technologies & have a key part in the route INTURN goes towards the future with said technologies. Projects may include but not limited to implementing Aurora Serverless for ephemeral environments, designing the routing logic for canary deployments, & designing how hashicorp vault is integrated in the infrastructure.
Technologies we commonly use
AWS: EC2, IAM, RDS, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Lambda, & others
Languages: Typescript, Go, Python, YAML, JSON
Version Control & CI/CD: Git with Gitlab & Gitlab's CI
Tools And Libraries: Ansible, AWS CDK, AWS Chalice, Docker, Cloudformation, Packer, Terraform, AWS Cloudtrail & others
Databases Or Services Maintained: Kong, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Nomad, & Consul
Monitoring: Datadog & Opsgenie
Issue Tracker: Jira
Wiki/ Note Taking: Notion
- Experience with designing new infrastructure to work with maintained infrastructure.
- Excellent experience with Infrastructure as Code practices.
- Experience with working both as an individual contributor & managing projects.
- Good knowledge on how to use tools like Datadog for observability.
- Excellent understanding of AWS technologies & how to leverage or support them.
Nice to Have
- Great understanding in two of the following languages: Python, Go, or Typescript
- Good understanding of cluster orchestrators like Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad, Swarm, or AWS ECS.
- Experience with using Jira & knowing how to plan work accordingly.
- Experience with Hashicorp Stack, specifically Consul. Bonus point if experienced with Nomad or Vault.Good understanding of one of the Infrastructure as Code tools we use: AWS CDK, AWS Cloudformation, Hashicorp Terraform
- Good experience with maintaining infrastructure & databases like Elasticsearch & Postgres.
- Experience with network traffic routing using service meshes.
Benefits & Perks
- Professional development & wellness annual stipend (physical & mental health) $3200.00 per year.
- Sabbatical (after 4 years you get an additional month off)
- Medical, dental, & vision health care
- Paid Parental leave (12 weeks)
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation days: 18
- Unlimited sick time (Humans First! policy)
- Equity options
INTURN is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants & employees. It is the policy of INTURN to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation & professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation & gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.