As the Director of Wellness Communications, you'll oversee Clover's ability to communicate with our members & providers at scale in an efficient & valued manner. This includes our outsourced call center resources, mail & print vendors, & text, chat, & other electronic communication systems, as well as the team that improves how we use them across the company. The internal team is about twenty five & the external resources are considerable & will grow as we do.
You will have two direct reports: a Communications Services Manager, who manages the channels by which we communicate & the associated vendors, & a Quality Improvement Manager, who manages the creation of the tools, processes, & partnerships that allow us to be differentially efficient in our transactional communication & differently valuable in our thoughtful communication. You will also have a peer, the Senior Manager of Wellness Comms R&D, who organization fully bakes interventions before moving them into your core operations. You'll report to our Chief Behavioral Officer & be part of Clover's strategy to use communications as a key component of changing behavior.
This is a position for a leader who understands how to balance efficiency & quality, & knows when to solve a problem & when to escalate it. Traditional experience managing large communication channels will be helpful, but not enough; in an increasingly digital world, you'll oversee a growing organization in a period when older adults are shifting from calls & letters to texts & emails. As such, you will be the primary customer of our CRM & establish it as the single authoritative source for all communications.
Your key metrics will be around driving consistent, high-quality interactions in a compliant, scalable way & efficiency, as we reduce our reliance on calls/letters & shift to digital, self-service, & other channels that maximize transactional ease for our community.
As the Director of Wellness Communications, you will:
- Provide leadership, strategic direction, & oversight to the entire Wellness Communications core organization.
- Be accountable up for understanding the direction of the company & its associated service needs, sideways to peers who run Insurance & Clinical Operations to coordinate & grow together, & down to your team for a clear direction & strategy.
- Oversee the transition to a new CRM & tools for scaled omnichannel communication.
- Direct communications activities, set performance expectations & goals, evaluate processes & outcomes, & implement improvements to support quality & efficiency.
- Working with Clover's Compliance Team, ensure regulatory compliance in our communications.
You will love this job if:
- You are outcome-focused & prefer clearly expressed goals with high accountability, in both your work & your management style.
- You are humble & understand that as a manager of people, you are here to serve & support to ensure that every person interacting with Clovers customers is setup for absolute success.
- You are tech & data forward: youre used to thinking about how technology can enable better experiences & how you can use data to make better decisions.
- You can distill the needs of your customers & team members down to actionable improvements that can be made in Clover's product or procedures.
You should get in touch if:
- You have demonstrated experience owning the phone, mail, text, & email channels for an organization during its growth period. (Required)
- You have 7+ years of experience managing a large team in a Medicare Advantage or similar environment. (Required)
- You have experience owning large portions of Medical/Insurance customer service. (Required)
- You have extensive experience as the primary stakeholder for a CRM. (Required)
- You have a demonstrable history of data-informed decision making. (Required)
- You have worked with an outsourced call center. (Required)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities & will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email email@example.com with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.