AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; & offices in New York City & elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel & AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning & propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy , the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience & comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 & thousands of other businessines in the U.S. & globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 & is considered the father of modern commercial meteorology. Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker & visionary, has been named the most accurate man in weather by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneurs Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
With responsibility for all aspects of the AccuWeather for Business (AFB), the General Manager of AFB is a dynamic, proven leader with the solid business experience & developing subscription business & vision to maximize revenue & profit from this growing line of business. Reporting directly to the Founder/CEO, this executive will focus on accelerating the growth of revenue & profitability by using AccuWeather capabilities & cooperating with other divisions to develop new & enhance existing products. Will also grow the Small & Medium business (SMB) subscription offerings as a lower tier offering to the AFB customer base. Will also work with product to develop mobile app pay tiers for consumers.
Remote candidates are being considered for this senior-level opportunity. In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI & WY.
- Create & lead the strategic vision to achieve & exceed AFB strategic & business unit goals. Secure approval of business vision.
- Develop & expand the personal & organizational knowledge of markets, products, customers & competition required to achieve business unit goals.
- Must have great understanding of the b2b SAAS business market & how to sell & segment for these audiences
- Prepare the annual business plan to include profit, revenue & sales goals, personnel budgets, investment in research & development, & investment in marketing.
- Create or lead creation of product roadmap to achieve & exceed business unit goals.
- Drive product definition & product development to deliver a continual flow of new & enhanced products that produce value for customers & profit for AccuWeather.
- Lead direct reports & collaborate with functional managers to achieve & exceed goals in operations, product development, outbound marketing, product definition, & sales.
- Oversee the development & success of the AFB team.
- Perform other duties & tasks as they are assigned or become relevant.
- Successful experience growing a business line with data & analytics product & service is a must.
- Experience in the B2B sales space
- Successful in building SMB products & digital subscription offerings
- A minimum of 8 years demonstrated leadership experience with track record of increased responsibilities & the ability to inspire & lead high performing teams.
- Proven, success in sales, marketing, & growth of a business unit is required.
- Demonstrated success in effective project management & personnel management.
- A proven track record working in a high tech or similar environment is preferred.
- Superior written & oral communication skills & a demonstrated history of influencing decision-making across all levels of management is required.
- Previous experience in a matrixed environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of meteorology or science is a plus not not required
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education & experience is required. An MBA is preferred.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants & existing employees & we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information.