The Mozilla Firefox Platform Graphics team is a community of engineers who care deeply about the visual experience of using the browser. We are the team responsible for rendering the content & UI of the browser, decoding images, canvas & WebGL, painting & compositing everything you see on the screen. Are you an effective Engineering Leader who loves collaborating with smart, committed engineers to help bring the Open Web to millions of people? We'd love to hear from you.
As a Platform Graphics Engineering Supervisor at Mozilla, your job will be to assist the Graphics Engineering manager to make the Graphics team even stronger. You will help lead part of the team that designs & develops Firefox features that all of our users see. Youll also be responsible for writing code, tests, specifications, building prototypes, solving problems, & analyzing data.
As the face of Mozilla's management structure, your job is to deliver on the team's commitments to Mozilla while also delivering on Mozilla's commitments to your team.
As an engineering supervisor, you will:
- Supervise 2-4 engineers initially & partner with the Graphics Engineering Manager & Graphics Engineering Tech Lead to grow the size of the Graphics team over time
- Hold regular 1-1s with your team to discuss both execution of technical work & professional development; provide direct & honest feedback, perform semi-annual performance reviews & make salary recommendations
- Lead efforts to triage & test priority bugs, communicate potential issues & key blockers to the team & work towards resolution
- Assist with implementing features & enhancements that improve Firefox competitiveness in the Graphics space
- Write clean, performant, open source, & standards compliant code & participate in code reviews with your team
- Collaborate with the Graphics Engineering Manager to improve upon team management, schedule estimates, project execution, communication with internal & external teams, & team growth
- Be rewarded with growth & leadership opportunities for strong performance as well as the personal satisfaction of knowing you are championing the Open Web that we all depend on
- 1-2+ years engineering management or supervision
- Current or prior experience as a developer, ideally in C/C++ or Rust
- Proven creative problem-solving
- Project or program management experience
- Test engineering experience and/or experience collaborating closely with testing engineering teams
- Working experience with high-performance rendering systems or 2D & 3D graphics is a plus.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.