Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where, & Why
We are looking for an experienced commercial counsel to join our growing legal team in London. You will be responsible for partnering with Twilios sales team & other internal stakeholders to manage large volumes of deals through review, negotiation & signing. You will be required to give ad-hoc legal advice on various issues & to take ownership leading projects on process improvement.
You are a talented & creative attorney who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts & closing deals. This job is for you if you enjoy & thrive in a fast-paced & high pressure environment, you work well with sales reps in particular & a wide-range of personalities in general. You must dedicated to providing excellent customer service by wearing your customers shoes, & being empathetic. Be an individual who pays attention to detail, has excellent judgment & people skills. You should be someone who does not indulge in shenanigans, with keen interest for learning new things & improving performance. Of course, we are also looking for someone eager to be a contributing member of a fun, supportive & high functioning team.
- Qualified lawyer with strong academic credentials & demonstrated record of success or 3-5 years experience as a lawyer..
- Ability to structure, draft & negotiate a high volume & broad range of contracts, including SAAS & PAAS contracts, professional services agreement & NDAs.
- Good knowledge of GDPR & experienced with handling & dealing with GDPR related questions in contract negotiations.
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice & to properly balance risks & business reward.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal, & ability to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative & open-minded approach.
- Exercise mature & reliable judgment while enjoying the company's enthusiastic, informal & fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently & as a team.
- Experience with Salesforce, DocuSign & JIRA systems.
As Commercial Counsel, you will:
- BE AN OWNER: Take ownership of the drafting, review, negotiation, & management of a wide range of legal agreements. Advise Twilios internal clients on contract interpretation & negotiation. Also, champion Twilios mission, ethics & integrity by ensuring that Twilios compliance policies are in practice & protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws & regulations, & are in line with Twilios values.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Seek to understand the context of the positions of Twilios customers & the requests from Twilios internal clients, & strive to solve problems & address issues from their perspectives.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with the development of policies & procedures, & standard template language to be used in contracts. Create processes & procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly evaluate which matters & issues are most worthy or in need of your attention at any given time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Train & advise contract specialists on the legal team on the preparation, negotiation & execution of form-based agreements.
Twilios legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical & sound legal advice. Your unique skill set & experience are critical to help support our thriving & growing business & reinforce the trust & partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be in our beautiful, new & expanding London office in Soho. You will enjoy our office perks: free lunch twice a week, snacks, massages, board games, along with our bi-weekly global All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.