--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This role can be based in our New York, NY or Washington, DC office, or remote within the United States. We will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
In a fast moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips. Being part of Sales at Dataminr means you'll be at the forefront of the most cutting-edge AI technology, helping organizations react to business-critical events around the globe. You'll be an expert in this field & a trusted advisor to your clients.
As an Account Executive on our Strategic Accounts team, you'll leverage your consultative skills to drive new growth in Fortune 1000 accounts. You'll bring in the largest & most complex deals for Dataminr. You'll be an expert in this field & a trusted advisor to C-level strategic clients, all while sitting at the center of Dataminr's next phase of growth.
Along the way, we'll give you the tools to succeed: a competitive & uncapped compensation structure with incentives to overachieve, a strong sales training & methodology program, & the latest tools & resources in the market.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated solution sales professional with experience owning & managing all aspects of the sales cycle. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas & establishing strong customer relationships. You're a master prospector, a thoughtful negotiator, a product subject matter expert, & a closing champion.
You're methodical when it comes to building & managing your pipeline. You're disciplined with your time & resources. You understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business & timeline drivers. You're competitive, goal-oriented & driven. All you need is a product you're passionate about.
- Develop & manage a portfolio of qualified sales opportunities through heavy prospecting & leveraging your own existing relationships
- Build & maintain strong & effective client relationships, & act as thought partner negotiation & closing of complex enterprise deals
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles & other key information necessary to close the sale & shape the success of this new vertical
- Strategically navigate & influence stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers & budget decision makers
- Provide regular & productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering) to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Ensure a strong, trusted relationship is established with clients throughout the sales process & during the onboarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience selling enterprise technology solutions in a fast-paced, competitive market
- Proven track record in selling "whale deals" to Fortune 1000 companies across various industry sectors
- Understanding of the open source & social media analysis efforts of corporate clients a plus
- Experience selling risk or security solutions a plus
- Track record of quota overachievement & ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Deep understanding of sales process & business drivers for enterprise clients
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Superior communication & presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.