Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
As our Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting aspects of payroll & equity compensation related to Rent the Runways equity plan. You will be a member of the fast growing accounting team & will work closely with Legal & HR colleagues. In light of COVID-19, you will work remotely until Rent the Runways NYC headquarters reopen in September 2021.
What Youll Do:
- Be responsible for all accounting aspects of RTR payroll & equity plan, focusing on reconciliations, accuracy & timeliness
- Perform all monthly duties related to payroll & stock-based compensation accounting, including monthly journal entries & reconciliations of cash & accrual accounts between payroll & accounting systems
- Learn payroll & stock administration systems to be able to run monthly/quarterly reports & supporting schedules, as required for month-end reconciliations & quarterly disclosures
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, share count, cap table & other items on ongoing basis between accounting & HR/ Legal records
- Prepare equity roll forward & stock compensation disclosure schedules
- Assist the tax team with required reports for quarterly/annual provision & tax returns
- Assist in enhancing & documenting equity-related procedures, policies, & controls
- Support external audits by providing supporting records & documentation
- Assist with system integrations, as applicable
- Take on additional accounting responsibilities, as the role advances
- Participate in many ad hoc projects, as required
- You have a Bachelors degree in Accounting & 4+ years of experience
- Big 4 or public accounting experience is highly preferred
- You have experience working with or auditing payroll & stock-based compensation areas
- You have a good understanding of US GAAP, specifically as it relates to stock-based compensation accounting
- You have experience working with ERP systems - Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus
- Experience working with any equity compensation system is highly preferred
- You are a team player, willing to roll-up your sleeves & get involved, no matter how small the task
- You are a highly organized detail-oriented individual with a strong sense of ownership
- You have very strong Excel skills & are comfortable with analyzing & manipulating large data sets
- You have a strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.