Conductor is an SEO & content technology company with a mission to help companies help their customers. Marketers use Conductors software & services to acquire customers by creating & optimizing content so that it gets found online. Conductor also offers a suite of services & support, including site audits, site migrations, content strategy, & more. Conductor was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave for SEO platforms & is rated #1 on TrustRadius & G2Crowd by enterprise marketers. Their forward-thinking customers include global & emerging enterprise brands like Citibank, Salesforce, Visa, ClassPass, & Casper. For more information, visitconductor.com.
Conductor is looking for a reliable Controller/Director of Accounting to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory & accounting guidelines under the supervision of the Controller. You will be responsible for identifying & preventing discrepancies as well as help set up control systems. You must be organized professional with a great eye for detail, knowledge of core accounting principles & able to carry out tasks autonomously & collaboratively.
In this role you will keep all accounting & financial processes of the company up to standard & ensure accurate financial reporting & control.
- Oversee companys ledgers & reporting systems ensuring compliance with general accounting standards & regulatory requirements.
- Manage month-end close (including managing journal entries, invoices, reconciliations, etc) & preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines & requirements.
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.) including ensuring accuracy of the companys accounts by developing & maintaining reconciliation schedules, month end closing binder
- Review the companys accounting information to identify & resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes & maintain records
- Perform budget versus actual analysis along with assisting in the calculation of all KPIs
- Upgrade & implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, & procedures & assist other team members in the formulation of internal controls & policies to comply with legislation & established best practices in relation to AP & AR.
- Help build & maintain detailed financial model, accounting for all inputs into revenue, expenses, & cash usage & work with revenue operations to align on sales models.
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Manage external & internal audits.
- Supervise the accounting team & build strong partnerships with each functional department head
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance
- 8+ years of experience of public & private Accounting experience
- CPA Preferred
- Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) & regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting & financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis & forecasting
- Proficient in MS Office (strong emphasis on excel) & ERP software, NetSuite
- Highly organized, work pro-actively & efficiently by completing tasks & deadlines; hands-on individual with initiative & problem solving skills.
- High acumen to detail & accuracy of data & information.
- Very good communication & interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail & problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills; ability to communicate with co-workers & service providers across the world
We'd love to hear from you if you're inspired by Conductor's mission to be customer first & people first. Our team is pioneering, collaborative, & passionate about helping people together through meaningful content & marketing strategies. Conductor is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.