At Thrillist, Editorial Assistants are primarily responsible for conducting photo sourcing & outreach & building our articles within the CMS, as well as assisting editors with editorial calendar planning & some copy editing. We also encourage Editorial Assistants to write & to contribute creatively to the greater team. As a Thrillist EA, you will become part of a fast-growing editorial team thats producing engaging & informative lifestyle content, both in the written & video mediums. The person we hire for this position will help to uphold the quality & consistency of our content, ensure that we meet deadlines on a high volume production schedule, & coordinate between the editors, writers, creative team, & copy editors.
Our ideal candidate is a strong writer whos obsessed with grammar, spelling, & punctuation; has a sharp visual eye & attention to detail, especially when it comes to article formatting, photos, & images; has experience working in CMS; is extremely organized & proactive, with the ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities; & excels in a fast-paced startup environment. A demonstrated interest in travel & curiosity about places both international & domestic is a plus.
- Building ~10-15 articles & videos per day within the Thrillist CMS
- Performing photo sourcing & outreach while adhering to Thrillists editorial standards
- Archiving & organizing of our original photos in an assets management system
- Liaising with the Copy Team, editors, & Creative Team to ensure all content meets Thrillists high editorial standards
- Assisting editors in maintaining & updating editorial calendars
- Occasional copy editing/publishing of content on an as-needed basis, with opportunities for semi-regular writing & editing assignments as you demonstrate the ability to do so
- Bachelor's Degree (concentration in journalism/English/online media preferred)
- The ability to prioritize, multitask & work quickly & efficiently
- Excellent communication skills & strong attention to detail
- Strong writing skills, with a working knowledge of journalistic basics, plus an ability to write with an original style & humor
- An eye for good photography (photo sourcing experience highly preferred)
- Previous experience working with CMS & in digital media
- Familiarity with major style guides also a plus
- A positive & proactive outlook
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) & science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR & live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, & if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, & much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employerand is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.