As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We arelooking for a Staff UI Engineer to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage & inspire users & we strive to rethink & redefine how users interact with our applications & products. All of our team members are strategic thinkers & conceptual problem solvers who make every UX decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability & collaboration & look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together & recognizing individual strengths, & values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project. If you understand Yes, and over No this is the team for you.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers & product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, & single page applications for a variety of websites & applications. You will work on a very agile team & be expected to context shift quickly between projects.
- Analyze existing software for Usability & Accessibility issues & provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, & developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering & introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices & Accessibility for web
- Fielding inquiries & requests for support from stakeholders
- Work with Visa UX leadership team to attract, build, & maintain an engaged team of UX professionals across the globe
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Bachelor degree in CS, MIS, UX or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience required
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts & UI components using Angular or React (required)
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services (Required)
- Experience with one server-side web application framework & language like Ruby/Rails, C#/ASP.Net, JS/NodeJS,etc. (Required)
- Understanding of UX & the design techniques & principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, & HTML Prototypes (Required)
- Verbal & written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service & interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to work independently & manage one's time (Required)
- Web Standards & Accessibility Best Practices (Required)
- Ability to analyze written requirements & visually conceptualize the user interface & application flows (Required)
- Knowledge of Adobe products (Required)
- Responsive Design Principles (Required)
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.