Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The operations team at RTR works to deliver the customer mission by innovating through automation, process improvement, transportation methods, packaging & garment science. In doing so, the RTR operations team owns the largest cost components of the business: fulfillment labor, transportation & inventory care. While this is true of any e-commerce company, our subscription rental model & reverse logistics process introduce complexities that are unique to RTR. Given that garments are rented multiple times, returning garments to like-new condition is critical to maximizing the life of our inventory. RTR is thus not only tasked with scaling productive operational processes for traditional e-commerce functions, but also with carrying out manufacturing-like processes such as dry cleaning & repairs. The variety of our inventory assortment - which has been expanding with the growth of new categories - further introduces challenges to implementing traditional technologies & solutions. Success on the RTR operations team requires the pursuit of constant innovation beyond conventional standards.
About the Job:
The Senior Manager of Safety & Security is responsible for overseeing employee well-being across RTRs campus of buildings, including fulfillment centers in Secaucus, NJ, & Arlington, TX, & corporate offices in Brooklyn, NY, & Galway, Ireland. Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations Support & Engineering & officing in New Jersey, this individual will serve as the technical resource for all people safety & environmental compliance areas. The role will be responsible for collaborating with teams to establish a culture of safety focused on the prevention of workplace injuries & illnesses. This leader will aim at the base of the safety triangle, using behavioral audits & near-miss opportunities to strengthen a culture where proactivity reigns. Safety at the Rent The Runway will continue to be everybodys responsibility, only strengthened by the right leader working with operation partners to develop innovative programs to prevent workplace hazards.
What Youll Do:
- Lead & work collaboratively on the development, review, & revision of safety, environmental training, & physical security programs.
- Ensure leadership & associates are trained & knowledgeable of required state/regional/ federal regulations.
- Provide guidance to ensure compliance to all applicable RTR Safety Policies where gaps remain. The EHS manager will be responsible for developing safety policies & processes & partnering with key business leaders in operations, HR & others.
- Track, report, & analyze EHS performance
- Conduct incident investigations
- Design & facilitate safety audits to identify non-compliance equipment and/or processes. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks & prevent injury.
- Orchestrate accurate & timely EHS record keeping, document management, & effective case management. Prepare, maintain, & submit records & reports required by the company and/or regulatory agencies.
- Identify & anticipate safety & health concerns & hazards by surveying environmental, operational, & occupational conditions. Investigate & review safety violations, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, near misses & accidents with supervisors & fulfillment center management.
- Author & sustain key safety processes which include but are not limited to Emergency Preparedness, Evacuation plans, Hazard Communication, Personal Protective Equipment & Accident reporting guidelines.
- Bachelors degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics, or a related field required; Master's degree preferred, but not required
- 5-10 years experience as a safety professional in a fulfillment center(s), distribution center(s) or manufacturing site(s) with at least 500 employees.
- 4 years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, & strategy
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including comfort in collaborating with executives & senior leaders
- Proficient in google docs, sheets, & the use of pivot tables & the development of charts & graphics
- Familiarity with creating evacuation & emergency action plans
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.