Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Senior Digital Product Designer to join our growing New-York-based Digital Product team.
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products, services & experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are seeking a Senior Digital Product Designer to help take our relationship with our customers to a deeper, more personalized level. As a designer on our Site Experience team, you will build & help drive the vision for how Casper can establish & leverage a deeper understanding of our customers across Caspers digital touchpointspowering new experiences that engage our customers around sleep.
We are looking for a designer who can traverse between shaping the vision & direction for the experience as well as have a meticulous attention to detail. You should be a pioneer who is not afraid to experiment, invent & yes, occasionally fail. You should be energized by building from the ground up, creating products that drive tangible business value & make customers smile.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Iterate through complex problems by demonstrating a thoughtful process from ideation, flows, wireframes, prototypes, interaction to polished functional visual & interaction design.
- Work independently as well as collaborate with the design team toward quarterly goals with minimal instruction.
- Assist in driving the Casper design language system, in partnership with cross-functional teams, to evolve the Casper Brand across digital touchpoints.
- Support & contribute to creating a challenging, aspiring & supportive creative culture.
- Assist in identifying interdependencies, trade-offs & risks in long term workstreams - making them visible & collaborating to resolve challenges early.
- Provide thought partnership to product managers, engineers & researchers to solve complex problems, find compromises & plan effectively.
- Elegantly architect complex end-to-end flows & cross platform experiences for all user scenarios & profiles.
- Support processes to enable continuous integration of research & testing into the design process. Utilize both qualitative & quantitative insights in your design process & are clear about how they influence design decisions.
- Comfortable & is familiar with an A/B testing environment, continuously iterating on hypotheses & adjusting designs based on experiment data.
- Commit to continually learning, training, & improving yourself & others technical & adaptive skills.
- Mentor fellow designers, encourage taking appropriate risks, providing support, suggestions, critique & feedback.
Our dream candidate...
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline related to: interaction, information architecture, user interface, UX, graphic design.
- 5-8 years working in-house and/or consulting design or product team.
- Strategic thinker with a strong process of ideation & validation, showcasing a variety of approaches to problem solving & product development, through to design implementation.
- Experience partnering with product managers & engineering teams to quickly define & execute product features in the market.
- Passion for brand, & brand expression.
- Meticulous attention to detail applied to everything from strategic & creative direction through to usability & aesthetics.
- Enjoyment of shipping products that exist & are loved in the world.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong organizational & analytical skills.
- Experience working across web, IOS & Android.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, visual).
- Expert in: Sketch, Adobe Suite, Invision & other prototyping tools.
- Solid knowledge of HTML/CSS, IOS & Android semantics.
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!