Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
HomeLight seeks an experienced Editorial Operations Manager to coordinate all logistical aspects of the companys consumer-facing blog content production for homebuyers & sellers in direct support of the Editorial team. As Chief of Staff for the blog editors, this role will resource & recruit additional operations assistance, keep our editorial systems running efficiently, & enhance communication & collaboration among freelancers, contractors, & full-time editorial staff in a demanding digital content creation setting. This is a remote position; however, candidates must be based within the U.S.
Youre a seasoned operations head or experienced project management professional who takes charge on day one. Never settling for the status quo, you thrive on building systems that bring incremental & exponential improvements. Youre passionate about empowering creatives in their work & strive to make as much creative space for them as possible.You believe that for teams to produce their best creative work they need ample time to breathe. You have a strong background managing a digital news cycle or leading a fast-paced content marketing environment where youve made significant & tangible improvements to existing operations.
Youre happiest when managing operations & solving production challenges, but youre not afraid to hop on the phone & serve as a stellar company representative to clients & sources while holding others to the same standard. Youre comfortable providing feedback to writers & contractors, managing large volumes of content with tight deadlines, & effectively communicating business needs to an executive team. Youre excited for your next adventure & cant wait to be a part of a leading real estate publication.
What Youll Do Here
- Manage scope creep for the Editorial team & serve as the Editors project manager on projects like articles, ebooks, webinars, landing pages, product work, & other requests from the broader organization
- Contribute ideas to the Editorial Content Calendar, make sure it is clearly represented in Airtable, & help facilitate communication about it to the broader organization
- Manage the schedules & output of at least 4 Editorial Assistants & hire additional contract assistants to increase ops capacity
- Oversee transfer & uploading of 75-150 blog posts per month into WordPress. This includes cleaning up back-end HTML, image sourcing & placement, inserting H2s & other formatting, & filling out post fields & categorizations
- Identify & vet real estate agents in the HomeLight network as blog sources, including managing a weekly Press Room email with available topics
- With the help of editorial assistants, manage the scheduling & hosting of 40-50 half-hour long interviews between contract writers & HomeLights network of real estate agents per month, ensuring a wonderful client experience every time
- Lightly copy edit / proofread a high volume of drafts as they reach final stages of production
- Review & coach a stable of 50+ freelance writers on their interview questions & phone etiquette
- Recruit & test a minimum of 10-20 freelance writers every month to improve Buyer Resource Center & Seller Resource Center writer pools
- Send out regular editorial email updates to freelance writers
- Manage & approve freelance writer invoices through billing system
- Take on ad-hoc research projects to improve editorial content & other tasks to free up editor time
- Manage social media copy for the promotion of blog posts
- Streamline operations to allow HomeLight Editorial to reach a sustainable production schedule of 150 blog post per month by January 2022
- 5-10 years of experience as a standout editorial operations manager or project manager in a fast-paced digital environment
- History of auditing existing content systems to identify & solve for breakdowns in the workflow
- Proven ability to manage production at scale & increase production quality & volume by driving key ops efficiencies
- Problem-solving mindset you tell us how to make our systems better
- Experience proofreading / copy-editing a high volume of content
- Experience working with multiple editors
- Experience vetting, hiring, & managing contract editorial & writing talent
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Passion for creating world-class content of the highest standard
- Familiarity with the real estate industry or related field (such as mortgage or personal finance) a major plus
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree required