The backbone of the healthcare system is communication between patients & their doctors, among healthcare teams, & even between practices & third-party providers like pharmacies, labs, & insurance companies.
But healthcare communication today is broken. Its disconnected, siloed, antiquated, & highly inefficient & in worst-case scenarios, its even responsible for lost patient lives.
Were trying to fix that. Klaras mission is to transform communication in healthcare, so all patients can receive great care.
We believe that the future of healthcare will be amazing. It will be patient-centric & truly connected so medical teams can work together easily, information can be shared between people & systems seamlessly, & patients can always get the high-quality care that everyone deserves.
Though our mission is big, our team is still small. And thats where you come in.
We are a Series A startup thats growing quickly, with plenty of interesting challenges to tackle & foundations to build. Its an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities for personal growth, where there is no shortage of projects to own or game-changing ideas to suggest. We are autonomous, data-driven, humble, & transparent. We have a healthy irreverence for the status quo, & a relentless passion for making our users lives better. And we believe the power of a talented team can accomplish anything even revolutionizing healthcare.
About the Role:
This role will be responsible for owning customer analytics - both the product & services. Like any B2B product, the ability to quantify ROI is critical. As the product owner of analytics you will be responsible for the rebuild of our current customer offering, Insights. You will work with our BI & engineering teams to ensure that our data warehouse, Looker abstraction layer, & app event streams meets the product & customer needs. In addition to product duties you will also be responsible for handling ad-hoc reports for our larger customers.
As a product manager at Klara, you will be responsible for many things but the main items are:
- Working with leadership to establish long term product adoption strategy
- Identifying & prioritizing customer pains & gains
- Prototyping, testing, & developing solutions with the design team & other PMs
- Shipping the product & features with the help of the engineering team
- Use data to track success & iterate as needed
In healthcare, costs are the most important issue, only bested by outcomes. Therefore it is imperative that we craft a powerful yet simple ROI narrative.
You will report to the VP of Product & work closely with the Director of Marketing & the rest of the Product & Implementation teams. Your goal is to show our customers the value of Klara.
- Manage Insights - The core focus on this position. You will be tasked with the design, development, & management of our Insights product. This includes prototyping, requirements writing, user testing.
- Design impactful analytics - Deliver analytics & experiences that address the needs of the customer. You will need to balance elegance vs utility. Most importantly, you will be responsible for determining our users ideal metrics.
- Understand the user - Our users are not statisticians, they are front desk staff, practice managers, or busy entrepreneurial doctors. You will be responsible for ensuring that we have a constant, high quality, feedback loop with clients & build a product that reflects their most demanding needs.
- Collaborate with other PMs & Product Marketing - As other PMs are shipping new features to help with patient provider communication you will need to collaborate with them to ensure customers feel the ROI. Your analytics will also provide insights & content for lead-gen efforts by our product marketing team.
- Shepherding the BI stack - We use Looker, Snowflake, Stitch to create our data warehouse. We are looking for a PM to work alongside engineering & BI to ensure our stack can help power Insights & any other analytic needs you may have.
- App event management - Our core application produces a swath of events that ultimately power our analytics. You will be responsible for ensuring that all new & existing features have the events needed for proper tracking.
- 3+ years as a product manager, ideally dealing with analytics & data with a focus on data visualization & user experience. Bonus if in a B2B SAAS business model or an early stage startup (A-B round).
- Knows statistics. You dont need to be a data engineer but you do need to be able to understand the basic concepts.
- You are passionate about data visualization. You are a fan of things like Tufte, /r/dataisbeautiful/, or FiveThirtyEight.com.
- Exceptional writing skills & eye for design.
- Display a clear sense of drive & focus.
- Passion for healthcare technology & solutions. You can speak with confidence to some of the current market trends. We welcome people who are in other verticals like ad or fin tech. Hobbyist healthcare geeks welcomed!
- Know how to use & apply various types of product strategy & prioritization frameworks such as Jobs to be done, Kano, Playing to win, etc
- Experience using a statistical package in an analytics product
- Lots of energy, positivity, & focus. Were a tight knit team & we thrive off of collaborating & communicating well with each other.
Nice to have:
- Background working with remote teams, specifically engineering
- Some experience in customer success
- Willingness to do some travel - we have employees in Boston, Baltimore, & Berlin, Germany.