Were currently looking for a Design Director to lead our digital & print design team, uphold & evolve our visual identity, & ensure alignment & consistency across all channels. This is a unique opportunity to join a design-forward, irreverent, & leading DTC brand that truly values (and leverages) in-house creative for all that we do.
Youre the perfect fit for this role if youre super passionate about both digital & print design & have the creative vision, taste level, & talent to drive our brand forward, putting your own stamp on it.
What youll do
- Lead our super talented design team responsible for conceptualizing, creating, & delivering all print & digital assets - leverage our existing brand identity & continue to elevate it
- Flex between leading our design process (soup to nuts) & actually working on design projects directly
- Drive large-scale creative projects from concept to execution - some examples include a full packaging refresh, our next subway campaign, & new direct mail pieces (and this is just the tip of the iceberg!)
- Take the lead on our site design, in partnership with our product team, developing a deep understanding of our ecommerce strategy & customer, & creating a unique & compelling digital shopping experience
- Become a trusted partner to our internal team, leading the development of stunning, on-brand, business-driving creative assets that meet each team's individual needs
- Collaborate closely with the photo & video team on shoots; align on deliverables & art direct shoots
- Actively lead, mentor, & develop our amazing team; support ongoing career growth within the company
Were looking for someone who has
- 7+ years of experience in design, art direction, & project management
- The ability to both design & direct (and excitement about doing both)
- A progressive approach to design & isnt afraid to push boundaries
- Prior hands-on design experience in digital, print, & packaging
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite & strong type & layout skills
- Experience designing for an ecommerce business (a definite plus)
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs & hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (weve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, & obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated.We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, & abilities & cant wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, & anything that doesnt add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.