The RealReal is looking for individuals who have the ability to work with very discriminating clientele & have a passion for luxury product. The sales team provides White Glove service for the countrys largest online luxury consignment marketplace. The Group Manager manages a growing team of sales Account Luxury Managers that drive sales & product acquisition by managing the companys new & existing client base.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Shadowing on appointments, listening to phone calls, reviewing outreach attachments to improve/monitor performance
- Ensure ALMs are performing across all categories & coach/train to improve in respective categories (including referrals & new consignor acquisition). Liaise with authentication, operations & merchandising to provide training when needed
- Field general Q&A from ALMs.Manage elevated consignor issues directly with consignors & liaise with consignor relations to resolve
- Ensure consignors are comfortable with their new ALMs, manage re-assignments & placements
- Outreach to consignors who have not repeated & pair with a new ALM assignment.
- Work with director to analyze existing client base & define appropriate opportunities to develop existing clients
- Monitor progress on each campaign & ensure ALMs are receiving the next campaign in a timely manner
- Assist in tweaking messaging & execution
- Leverage customer reporting in order to identify opportunities to increase client engagement & consignments
- Manage daily operations like supplies, calendar, expenses.Breaking out goals into daily, weekly & monthly strategy; Recruitment, monthly touch bases, manage gaps in open positions & vacations
- Ensure team is following protocol in processing, pricing, consignor communication etc.
- Interviewing, hiring, & training employees; planning, assigning, & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems
What You Bring To The Role
- 4 year degree preferred
- 2+ years of sales management experience with luxury brand or retailer
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly to the team & consignors
- The ability to work at both strategic & tactical levels
- Fluency in English (written & verbal) required
- Appreciation & deep interest for fashion & the luxury segment
- Complete mobility required
- Excellent customer service skills - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service ; responds to requests for service & assistance; meets commitments
- Communications ability - Expresses ideas & thoughts verbally; expresses ideas & thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening & comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects & uses appropriate communication methods
- Capacity to manage customer focus - Promotes customer focus; establishes customer service standards; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs
- Performance coaching - Defines responsibilities & expectations; sets goals & objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training & development
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self & others; inspires & motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions & opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others
- Ability to manage people - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating & process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills & encourages growth; solicits & applies customer feedback (internal & external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products & services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills
- Business acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market & competition; aligns work with strategic goals
- Consultative selling - Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport & establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product & market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meet customer objectives; manages & documents sales process
- Achievement focus - Sets & achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence & overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes & acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Planning & organizing ability - Prioritizes & plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals & objectives; organizes or schedules other people & their tasks; develops realistic action plans
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service & direct shipping for individual consignors & estates. At our stores in LA, NYC & San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, & meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 & listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.