Were looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our Pulsar team. Working closely with product, design, & engineering leadership to understand business goals & desired customer outcomes. You will collaborate with the team to craft solutions that meet those objectives in the NS1 way, with a focus on simplicity & ease of use.
Were looking for a self starter who can immerse themselves in our platform immediately, leveraging existing technical strengths & teaching themselves the systems that are new to them. You should have a broad knowledge of the technologies in modern infrastructure operations & automation & be able to offer constructive advice for improvements while using & scaling the systems in our existing platform. Youll take responsibility for the quality of your code, & your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment & delivery of the worlds most trafficked internet & enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, & IPAM the familiar & universal foundations of all network & internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, & control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, & The Guardian, & is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, & GGV Capital.
Pulsar is an active traffic steering engine that utilizes last-mile performance data from real end users to optimize traffic delivery. Pulsar automates traffic routing to improve the quality of experience of every end user by sending them to the most performant content delivery network or data centre.
Pulsar solves complex problems in Video Streaming, optimizing the quality of experience for all viewers while helping broadcasters & content providers get the most from their infrastructure investment by simplifying multi-CDN orchestration. Were continuing to innovate in this space to solidify our place as a market leader.
Ideally, youll bring:
- Working experience in at least one: Go, Python, C++ or C
- Engineer working experience of 6+ years
- Strong experience in Kubernetes
- Preferable experience with AWS but others may be acceptable
- Strong experience with REST APIs
- Experience working with DynamoDB
- Excellent UNIX & networking knowledge
- Strong Linux systems programming skills
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Ability to design with modern internet infrastructure operation in mind, including metrics, logging, automation, etc
- Extra kudos for experience in CDNs, Video Delivery, DNS Protocol, Layer 4-7 Load Balancing, Containers, SDN, Linux kernel tuning, user-space networking
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.