Whats up? Were VaynerMedia APAC! A full-service agency built for the now. Day in & day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention & culture. Headquartered in New York, were also in 7 cities across the globe & now, our size is proudly in the +100, servicing a diverse clientele all around the APAC region.
Culture is our key & Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMedia APAC is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative & strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time --- PEOPLE.
Who are you?
Were looking for a Singapore-based Associate Media Director to lead this work, by providing insights-driven media & measurement strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships, collaborating with cross-departmental teams, while growing & mentoring the founding team at Vayner Singapore!
The Associate Media Director is chiefly responsible for managing a team inside our Paid Media Department made up of Analysts, Senior Analysts & Managers. You will be tasked with becoming a trusted, respected leader within the organization & relied upon for high-level operations management, innovation, client/partner relationships, & general media executional excellence.
A proven track record of large scale media buying proficiency across several biddable platforms is a must, with particular depth in all or a majority of the following: Facebook/Instagram, Google (Search, YouTube, DV360), Programmatic Display/OLV, Publisher Direct. Experience in offline media (TV, Print, Radio, OOH) is also required; with experience in planning & managing both campaigns & always-on initiatives for major regional & global brands. Fluency with analytics, attribution & measurement systems is needed; & expertise is a major plus (including but not limited to GA360, Adobe, MOAT/IAS/DoubleVerify, Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle, Neustar/Visual IQ/Convertro, etc.).
You will report into our Media Director & will work on a cohesive team consisting of buying, planning & analytics professionals working across several APAC-based clients.
Your EXPERTISE (The skills & knowledge needed to excel in this role)
- Ensures media plans are of the highest standard, assist in presentation material creation, & provide strategic guidance on reporting calls with clients
- Oversees a team of media analysts focused on 3 - 5+ clients, providing leadership, mentorship, vision, & technical expertise, working in conjunction with HR & other teams to foster team career growth & a positive work environment
- Embodies a true leadership mentality & willing to devote days to making your team successful, working for them, not above them
- Updates performance benchmarks & share digital platform updates, both internally & externally with client partners
- Manages negotiations for high value and/or complex packages
- Leads cross-LoB buying deliverables
- Develops & deliver senior-level, sophisticated media investment strategies to clients, derived from industry insights & best-in-class expertise & thought leadership
- Collaborates across disciplines, specifically planning & analytics, to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands
- Provides actualized spends for client invoicing across clients & stakeholder spend trackers
- Navigates a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group & gain a deep understanding of their unique company architectures to ultimately build the strongest holistic relationship possible
- Works to proactively bring new/emerging opportunities to clients, pushing the envelope of media excellence
- Continuously strives for improvement across all team processes to streamline workflow & benefit the larger team
- Leads client communication around scope agreements, finance & billing, working closely with FinOps to keep a handle on monthly billing & incoming revenue
- Proactively identify the needs of our clients businesses to sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients (cross-disciplines at times where needed), to help deliver best in class work that helps to grow their business
- You have experience working in the advertising media landscape in the APAC region
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of digital & offline media, running from: Programmatic, Mobile, Search, Social to TV, radio, OOH, etc.
- You have a minimum of 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of executing sophisticated, large scale digital media programs that drove tangible business outcomes.
- You have a good network of media & marketing professionals in the APAC region, including major publishers, brands.
- You have advanced written, presentation & general communication skills.
- Youve experienced dealing with non-core buying teams, specifically media & communications planning, analytics, traditional media buying, & others.
- You have proven output rooted in highly strategic thinking that leveraged unique insights to drive disproportionate success.
- You have examples of leaning into new/emerging platform opportunities to drive media innovation.
- Youve experienced leading & managing teams of at least 6-8 individuals (cross-disciplinary a plus)
- You have an infectious smile, an upbeat demeanor, & warm personality that contributes to an already strong company culture
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment; & working as an integrated team (across creative, media, & strategy)
- Professional English skills required, & additional language proficiencies are a huge plus!