JW Player is looking for an experienced Director of Revenue to manage the day-to-day accounting & revenue operations of the company, including the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, & continued development of a comprehensive set of controls designed to enhance the timeliness/accuracy of the company's reported financial results, manage cash/collections & ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. The ideal candidate for this role, which reports to the SVP of Finance, is a technology savvy, proactive, hands-on strategic thinker, who is excited by the challenges of a fast-growing, rapidly changing business.
As a Director, Revenue, you will:
- Oversee the revenue recognition policy & procedures of all of the company revenue streams, billing & collection of receivables, & contract management
- Collaborate with Accounting, Sales Operations, & other departments as required to properly account for revenue transactions
- Manage monthly close process for revenue recognition, commissions, & bad debt analysis
- Handle monthly, quarterly, & annual reconciliation of all revenue-related general ledger accounts in a format consistent with internal & external audit guidelines
- Manage annual audit with external accountants
- Assist in the creation of annual revenue & commission budget
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies, procedures, & internal controls
- Leverage strengths of the current revenue & collection team members, help to clarify roles & responsibilities, & develop & implement training programs in order to maximize & reach optimal individual & organizational goals
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Certified Public Accountant designation strongly preferred, and/or MBA
- 7+ year of demonstrated professional development in accounting focused roles
- Advanced knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience with recurring subscription billing systems (e.g., Zuora, Recurly, NetSuite, etc.)
- Experience managing support staff & peers
- Experience in start-up/technology environment; software sector a plus
- Work with multiple currencies
- Direct experience with SaaS metrics (e.g., MRR, NACV, LACV/churn, ARR, etc.)
- Keen analytic, organization, & problem-solving skills, allowing for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Experience at a SaaS company and/or in video/video advertising
- Experience with system migration to enterprise accounting applications
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you & ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) & Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.