Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilios Physical Security & Safety team is growing & seeking an experienced & dynamic security leader for the position of Physical Security Operations Manager - AMERICAs. This individual will lead a high impact security operations team focused on protecting Twilio personnel, corporate sites & assets in the AMERICAs region. As part of the Physical Security & Safety team, you will manage the strategy, development, & deployment of physical security operations programs & personnel. This position will be based in Denver, CO & reports to Twilios Senior Manager of Physical Security Operations.
Twilio is looking for an experienced leader with a proven track record of administering effective leadership & management to physical security operations. The goal is to create & scale consistency across physical security programs that deliver effective & innovative solutions to minimize risk to our rapidly growing business.
- Bachelors degree (advanced degree preferred) in business, security, or a related field and/or 8yrs+ of experience with increasing scope, responsibility, & complexity at a multinational company (combined public/private sector experience considered)
- Experience leading security logistics for large scale events
- Ability to identify, analyze, & explain the present or future needs for proposed security initiatives to senior management
- Comfortable leading large cross functional initiatives, & collaborating with management from Legal, HR, Facilities, Safety & IT
- General understanding of security systems technology & their capabilities
- Experience conducting risk & vulnerability assessments & operational security design/planning
- Willing & able to travel to any of the Twilio facilities sites & work flexible off-hours & weekends as required.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in Law Enforcement, Military, or Corporate Security
- PSP, PSC, or other physical security certifications
We are seeking a sharp, personable, highly-organized Physical Security Manager to support our team as we continue to grow our Physical Security Operations program. This is an opportunity to work with a stellar security & safety team on the daily functions that are at the core of Twilio. You will...
- Manage overall physical security programs to protect Twilio staff & corporate workplaces in the AMERICAs region
- Oversee all physical security leads based regionally, & physical security operations for all corporate facilities, including the management of contracted security providers, alignment of physical security strategies customized by location, management of incidents, & mitigation of potential threats
- Collaborate with cross functional managers to develop & implement facility security best practices & coordinate, plan, & communicate with partners to proactively identify, mitigate, & manage risks to corporate facilities
- Collaborate with the Twilio Physical Security Technology team to advise on requirements for & implementation of physical & technical security systems at corporate locations
- Develop & conduct security education for employees & contract security
- Provide support, mentoring, & leadership of regionally-based team members
- Strengthen external partnerships with local & state law enforcement, federal agencies, third party vendors & community organizations
The physical security operations team is vital to the Twilio security & safety program. We work closely with every Twilion in every location to ensure a safe work environment & a prepared workforce. We analyze & provide visibility & ensure we have policies & procedures to follow as well as the maximum safeguards in the event of an incident. The team provides investigations for related incidents to document, learn, adapt, iterate & scale our safety measures.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands & more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability.