GIPHY is the worlds largest platform to search, discover, & create all the GIFs. Were the leading brand in short-form entertainment & visual communication.
GIPHY is integrated in iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack, WhatsApp & many more, serving over 7 billion GIFs daily to over 500 million people across the globe. We are also creating the largest distributed ad platform for short form media.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals & are looking for like-minded, talented people to join us.
GIPHY is a product-driven organization with small, scrappy teams building & shipping product every day. We are looking for an experienced product manager & leader to oversee our Ad Products Division teams & initiatives. You will lead the vision & strategy for the Ad Products Division, which includes ad management, delivery, & reporting products. As Lead, you will be responsible for supporting Ad Products teams & enabling great collaboration between teams within the Division & across the company.
Because of our distribution network, GIPHY is in the unique position to monetize messaging & conversations in a way that has never been done.We are already at the forefront of creating cutting-edge short-form content & advertising for some of the biggest brands in the world, though our ad products & tech is still fairly new. We need someone to bring ad product expertise & long-term vision to help steward massive revenue growth. This role is an opportunity to have major, long-lasting impact on GIPHYs business.
Our products are a direct reflection of our unique & fun culture, & people really love working here. We can offer a creative environment composed of humble, funny, GIF-loving internet enthusiasts. Youll collaborate closely with the coolest, most talented product managers, engineers, designers, & stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Drive long-term product vision, competitive strategy, & key results for GIPHYs ad products based on our business objectives & revenue goals
- Partner with the Revenue team to make informed product decisions based on quantitative & qualitative data, business potential, & technical feasibility
- Develop, define, & communicate clear objectives, workflows, & techniques for product management for teams in your division
- Build & develop capabilities of individuals in the Ad Products Division
- Empower Ad Product Division teams to own their roadmap, priorities, & product decision with your high level guidance
- Provide operational support to product teams in the Ad Products Division who are building our core ad products infrastructure: ad server, campaign management tools, campaign reporting. etc.
- Help identify & resolve cross-product conflicts within the Ad Products Division & between other product & engineering divisions
- Manage relationships with executives, upper management, & stakeholders
- Product manage products or features as necessary: were a small team & we all pitch in as needed
- Own high level projects or process that will set the Division up for success such as: Division OKRs, analytics tracking, hiring & resourcing
Evangelize the Ad Products Division vision, products, & teams both internally & externally
Who You Are:
- 5+ years product management experience with focus on ad products
- Proven track record of launching & tracking revenue-generating ad products
- Strong leader with the ability to build good relationships & trust with the product team, partners, & stakeholders
- Experience leading product teams & managing products through the entire development lifecycle: from high level strategic thinking to the nitty gritty project details
- Experience designing internal tools & UIs and/or performant, real-time scalable systems a plus
- Product management skills: extremely organized, good problem solver, strong communicator, positive attitude
- Understanding of Agile project management methodologies & processes
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, interacting with both engineering & business teams with the ability to lead via influence, patience, & determination
- Positive attitude, flexibility, & calm in the face of the changing priorities of a start-up
- Extra credit: Start-up experience
Extra credit: Experience managing Product Managers
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, free catered lunch every day, fully covered Equinox or ClassPass gym membership & lots of other fun perks.