As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
To ensure that Visa's payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the success of our key bank or merchant partners & internal business units. The Global Data Science group supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3 billion cards globally & captures more than 100 billion transactions in a single year.
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories & useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with a creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected & innovative payments companies.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for helping to blueprint & deliver modeled attributes, data assets, & self-serve workflows that solve clients' business objectives. You will get the chance to leverage your business acumen & technical knowledge of big data & data mining techniques. Based on deep understanding & knowledge of big-data engineering techniques, you will develop & maintain data & tools to enable data scientists to draw fact-based insights & build models This function is critical in building market-relevant client solutions & intellectual property for Visa.
The position will be based at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California.
- Work with Team members & clients to fully understand business requirements & desired business outcomes
- Assist in scoping & designing analytic data assets, implementing modeled attributes & contributing to brainstorming sessions
- Build & maintain a robust data engineering process to develop & implement self-serve data & tools for Visa's data scientists
- Perform other tasks on R&D, data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation, & other cross-team functions, on an as-needed basis
- Find opportunities to create, automate & scale repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
- Execute data engineering projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
- Ensure project delivery within timelines & budget requirements
- Provide coaching & mentoring to junior team members
Can you take on the responsibilities described above? Then please apply!
We have a number of openings at all levels & are seeking team members that are passionate, visionary & insatiably inquisitive. Successful candidates frequently have a mix of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in production ETL pipelines, utilizing big data engineering techniques that enable statistical solutions to solve business problems
- Post graduate degree in Computer Science/ Engineering, Information Science or a related discipline with strong technical experiences highly desired
- Previous exposure to financial services, credit cards or merchant analytics is a plus, but not required
- Extensive experience withbig data technologies (Hadoop, Python, Java, Spark, Hive etc.) tools for large scale data processing, data transformation & machine learning pipelines
- Experience with data visualization & business intelligence tools like Tableau, Microstrategy, or other programs highly desired
- Some proficiency with SAS as a statistical package is also highly desirable
- Familiarity or experience with data mining & statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is very helpful
- Strategic thinker & good business acumen to orient data engineering to the business needs of internal clients
- Demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor, strong attention to detail,team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible style
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.