The 1stdibs Product team is a highly collaborative team that creates buyer, seller, & internal product experiences for our users. We work in our office headquarters in Astor Place, New York City. As a multi-sided platform, the Product Team at 1stdibs is responsible for buyer & seller experiences across the web & app-based products, as well as a suite of web-based tools to support internal teams.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer with a strong visual & UI design practice to deliver product experiences that promote our platform business strategy by aligning solutions with the needs & behaviors of our users. In this case, you would be supporting our 1stdibs Trade: one of our companys strategic initiatives, which works specifically with interior designers, architects, & real estate developers who are shopping our site. Product designers partner with engineers, product owners, & UX research to deliver world-class solutions.
What you'll do
- Generate product concepts & iterate solutions based on business & user feedback
- Present to & collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders including product owners, researchers, engineers, & marketers
- Prototype concepts for testing & communication
- Deliver pixel-perfect screens & specifications to support development
- Work closely with engineering to support development of proposed solutions
- Advocate for consistency of interaction & visual design patterns
- Plan design & research activities
- Contribute to evolving design system
- Create design artifacts (flow diagrams, box models, wireframes, etc) that help teams understand context & design approaches
Who you are
- Bachelors Degree in Interaction Design, Visual Design, Graphic Design, HCI or related field
- Experience defining design activities & delivering impactful product experiences
- Fluency with screen design & mastery of relevant tools
- Ecommerce experience
- Capacity to present design rationale across disciplines
- Possess strong verbal, written & visual presentation skills with value placed on storytelling
- Fluency with low & high-fidelity design deliverables
- In-house product design experience, proven ability in collaborating with business, technology, & research stakeholders
- Substantial understanding & awareness of the technologies used to create great web experiences
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.