ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm's Sales team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, & scrappy hustlers. We pull out all the stops to get sh*t done, whether that's working with agencies & client directly, seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth & efficiency of our pre & post-sales operations.
The position will work as part of theSkimm's post-sale team, overseeing the execution of high-touch custom advertising campaigns in post-sale. The Client Services team is the main point of contact for external clients internal teams (branded content, design, social, video, experiential, etc.), ensuring flawless campaign execution across theSkimm's portfolio of bespoke ad products & sponsorship packages.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Lead post-sale client communication from campaign kick-off to final reporting, including but not limited to: scheduling & leading kick-off calls, building creative deliverable decks, communicating live notifications & screenshots, & sharing campaign updates & reporting
- Provide best-in-class "white glove" client service to advertisers through excellent communication & properly setting expectations, ultimately cultivating relationships to maximize client satisfaction, retention, & growth
- Communicate all aspects of creative development for all custom campaign elements to relevant internal stakeholders (branded content, design, social, video, experiential, etc.)
- Oversee production from all teams to ensure all elements of a campaign are running smoothly & on-time, including but not limited to: creating timelines & overseeing project deliverables via Asana
- Simplify production language for the client, & clearly articulate client & sales feedback & expectations back to internal teams
- Proactively troubleshoot all campaign concerns/hiccups for the client, including being able to diagnose an internal program properly & seek out solutions that cater to both the client & theSkimm brand values
- Own the QA & launch phase of all sold elements included within a partner campaign
- Partner with the Reporting Analytics team to monitor campaign delivery & wrap-up performance, crafting the campaign success story including recommendations for upselling & repeat business
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 3-4 years working in a client-facing role (client services, account/project management, or creative production) at a like-minded digital media company
- Relentlessly high standards, an extreme eye for detail, & a track record for attaining results
- Ability to think strategically & execute tactically simultaneously
- Exceptional communication & writing skills
- Public speaking skills & ability to lead a room
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'' & Skimmd From the Couch, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Press Pause newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.