Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building the systems, culture, & processes that will improve the resiliency, reliability, scaling, & performance for cloud services.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to work closely with our product engineering & infrastructure teams. Reporting to the Director of Platform Systems, the Site Reliability Engineer will be performing a mix of hands-on development, coaching, & collaborating with other teams & stakeholders to help bring DigitalOceans engineering systems & culture up to the next level.
This is a key opportunity to make a significant impact in DigitalOceans engineering & operational systems & influence future product designs & requirements. This role is essential to accelerate the improvement of the high expectations our customers have of DigitalOcean as we continue to grow & expand.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Performing hands on technical work to directly improve the reliability, resiliency, & scaling of our key platform systems
- Working with stakeholders to develop & implement reliability & performance metrics
- Facilitate DigitalOceans culture of learning by providing insight & recommendations for improvement
- Coaching teams & individuals on reliability best practices & solutions
- Working with other SREs & engineering leaders to define the architectures & practices that should be adopted in order to deliver on our engineering & operational goals
- Establishing best practices for development, architecture, deployment, & operations
- Working with peer SREs to improve services & processes (including architecture reviews, incident response, monitoring) in a cross-functional manner throughout the engineering organization
What Well Expect From You:
- Distinguished track record as SRE (or similar role) with hands-on experience implementing reliability, process, & scaling solutions
- History of fostering positive relationships with stakeholders & a track record of successful collaboration & coaching
- Clear communication skills (both written & verbal) to document processes & architectures
- Experience implementing disaster recovery best practices
- Developing robust solutions that facilitate streamlined resolution of customer inquiries through use of technologies for automation, deflection, & issue management
- Adept in Ruby & Go with a broad understanding of the full technology stack for a modern infrastructure
- Advocate of effective development environments with the use of CI/CD tooling & configuration management technologies such as Chef or Ansible
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!