Product Director, Contextual Targeting
Founded in 2008, DoubleVerify (DV) is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data & analytics that authenticates the quality & effectiveness of digital media for the worlds largest brands & media platforms. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance by bringing transparency & accountability to the market & ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery & audience quality across campaigns to drive performance. DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies across every major vertical, including financial services, telecom, automotive, retail, CPG, travel, luxury & pharmaceuticals gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best-in-class solutions across the digital ecosystem. Lets build a better industry.
The Product Director, Contextual Targeting, in this critical & highly visible role will own & deliver new product development of DoubleVerifys next-generation Programmatic Contextual Offering. This is a high impact buy-side offering which will be leveraged by programmatic traders to deliver targeted Ads to audiences based on contextual relevance in an omni-channel environment. This role is a hands-on product leader who will own from concept to launch the technical & commercial Product Management deliverables that will advance DoubleVerifys market leadership in Contextual Targeting. The Product Director will ideate innovative features, formulate product strategy, assess competitive landscape, collect requirements, work closely with the Engineering team, evangelize product capabilities internally & externally, & collaborate with integration partners.
This role is part of one of the fastest growing revenue verticals at DoubleVerify. Success in this role requires strategic thinking, ingenuity, the ability to lead by example, exercise indirect influence, perform insightful data analysis, collaborate in a cross functional environment & articulate complex concepts to multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate will have in-depth understanding of the online advertising ecosystem, will have worked on Contextual Targeting or related advertising products & will have learnings from successful product launches that delivered market leading capabilities in a highly competitive environment.
- Oversee from concept to launch, the development of DoubleVerifys next-gen Contextual Targeting offering.
- Work hand-in-hand with the engineering team to execute product vision in an agile development environment.
- Break down product vision into epics & user stories for development.
- Analyze data & industry trends to drive product strategy.
- Run competitive analyses.
- Collect customer feedback, elicit functional needs & develop into detailed requirements.
- Drive collaboration internally across multiple product & engineering teams.
- Lead QA efforts with development teams for accurate, high-quality, & timely product delivery.
- Create product documentation for internal & external customers.
- Engage with customers & non-customers to garner feedback for the development of product offerings.
- Support client services, sales, marketing & business development teams in product commercialization efforts.
- 7+ years of industry experience with 4+ years of direct product management experience.
- Past experience in Martech/Adtech with an understanding of programmatic buying via OpenRTB & familiarity with key players (DSPs, Exchanges, SSPs, Networks).
- Experience with Contextual or Brand Safety product or related technology solution in advertising.
- Successfully led new product development driving all aspects from concept to launch.
- Managed product lifecycle of revenue generating software products in a B2B setting.
- Written detailed & thoughtful PRDs & driven execution in an agile environment.
- Worked on products with intuitive & slick UI implementations, experience with wireframing is a plus.
- Exhibited operational excellence in a cross functional environment collaborating with Sales, Account Management, Marketing & Engineering.
- Technical experience with databases, SQL, system integrations, APIs.
- B.A. /B.S. or equivalent/higher level of education. B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field is strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive Adtech knowledge across display, video, mobile & emerging channels like Audio & CTV.
- MBA or Masters degree