Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de & www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information & to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential.
What you'll do:
- Assisting the photo/design team to source imagery for original, editorial content on a daily basis.
- Build & lay out visual & editorial content in the content management system, as well as archive & load visual editorial work into internal Digital Asset Management system.
- Assisting photo/design teams to ideate photoshoots & develop moodboards, as well as assisting in production.
- Assist the social media team on visual led platforms, such as Pinterest & Instagram.
- Contribute to the production of video content.
- Assist on photo & video shoots for both the Editorial & Branded Content teams
- Carry out general administrative duties
- Photography degree or equivalent qualification
- Must be able to do basic retouching, color correcting & layouts.
- Knowledge of & familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud products, Photoshop proficiency is essential. Illustrator & Keynote familiarity are a plus.
- Ability to work with moving image, video shooting & editing skills would be a plus.
- Strong, open, & positive communication style.
- Ability to collaborate & contribute to a team effort but also to work independently using initiative.
- Strong desire to develop creatively & push the R29 visual brand forward.
Please note this is a 3-month internship