Away is seeking a Merchandise Planning Analyst to join our Merchandising team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to provide thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. This role will be instrumental in making sure that we always have the right product for our ever-growing, ever-evolving customer base. This position will provide support by updating & enhancing in-depth analytical reports & providing insight into customer purchasing.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled in Excel, detail-oriented, analytical, & eager to iterate on & implement new processes. This position will report to the Senior Merchandise Planning Manager & be based out of our SoHo headquarters. This contract supports a project through the end of this year.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do
- Create, update & maintain weekly selling reports
- Create reporting tools to help ensure that we are continuing to analyze & improve future buys & product plans
- Conduct ad hoc analysis for the Merch team to better understand customer sales trends & the competitive market.
- Support the Merch team in preparing quarterly buy presentations for Executive Leadership
- Conduct & report analysis for new product launches cross functionally & identify product opportunities based on selling
- Work with Planning & Data team to identify & track key Planning KPIs
Who You Are
- 1-3 years experience in an analytical & data driven role such as: retail planning, customer insights, or finance
- A love of product & ability to create a narrative around data
- Very comfortable in Excel including data manipulation/organization
- Intellectually curious analytical thinker who can detect patterns & trends to add business value
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that's a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.