***Please note this is not an actively open Full Time position at thistime. We are pipelining candidates for opportunities in the near future.
VICE Media is looking for a Manager of Corporate Strategy & Development to be responsible for assisting the Chief Strategy Officer & the Corporate Strategy team across the development, communication, planning & execution of strategic initiatives across corporate strategy, business development, corporate development & M&A. To succeed, you will bring to the team a strategic mindset, analytical thinking, ability to drive process, attention to detail, as well as strong communication & management skills.
Roles & responsibilities
- Ongoing assessment of industry & competitive landscape identifying key industry trends
- Work with business units to define, formulate, develop, plan & execute new opportunities for growth through business development, corporate development & M&A initiatives
- Cultivate, develop & lead a business & corporate development, investment, partnership & acquisition pipeline
- Drive quantitative & qualitative analysis for strategic initiatives
- Identify, assess & execute M&A, investments & partnership/joint-venture opportunities
- Lead execution including diligence, negotiations, structuring & integration
- Work with internal corporate teams to document, finance & communicate deals
- Partner with leadership & outside service providers to support execution of key initiatives
- Work with business units to ensure business initiatives reflect corporate strategy
- Supporting the execution of strategic projects: project scoping & work planning, strategic analysis, formalization of recommendations, coordination of stakeholders
- Providing ad hoc strategic analysis to support decision-making process of executive team
- Assist in the corporate strategic planning process across business units
- Advisory resource across organization on various key business issues & initiatives
- Monitor investments, partnerships/JVs for performance, etc.
Experience & qualifications
- Education: Degree in Business / Finance
- Experience: Minimum 4 years' experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting or Corporate Finance with roles in strategy & mergers & acquisitions
- Industry: Experience in & real passion for media, entertainment & digital media
Qualities & skills
- Positive mindset, entrepreneurial spirit, & ability to adapt
- Structured & analytical problem solver
- Strong business modeling skills, with a commitment to accuracy & credibility
- Ability to deliver on tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex insights simply & clearly articulate recommendations
- Ability to earn trust & work with different levels of stakeholders in various environments
- Eager to learn the key strategic levers in the industry
- Strong communication skills (memos & written presentations)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies:Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.