Maven is the largest virtual clinic for womens & family health with a mission to improve the health of the world-- one woman, one family at a time. Mavens unique care model enables employers & health plans to improve maternal health outcomes & lower costs, while empowering parents to grow their families while growing their careers. Its platform is global, includes personalized programs across fertility, maternity, & parenting/pediatrics, & offers 24/7 access to Mavens proprietary telemedicine network, the largest in womens health. Founded in 2014 by CEO Katherine Ryder, Maven was recognized in 2020 as Fast Companys #1 Most Innovative Health Company. Maven has supported over 8 million women & families, & raised $92 million in funding from leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT Partners, Icon Ventures, & individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, & Anne Wojcicki.
The Communications Associate will be responsible for executing employee communications strategies, owning internal communications channels, & supporting the Communications team with research & writing. The ideal candidate has 2-4 years of experience in a startup environment or an agency, & is highly organized, well spoken, & eager to learn & contribute. You are a people person who enjoys meeting new people & collaborating across departments. You understand that your role is to help create an environment where employees have the news & information they need to do the best work of their careers, & feel deeply connected to the mission & team at Maven.
As a Communications Associate, you will:
- Support the SVP of Brand & Communications with employee communications strategies
- Own the employee communications content calendar across all channels
- Be responsible for the planning & production of our twice-weekly company wide meetings
- Own all aspects of our employee intranet to ensure content is easy to find & up to date
- In partnership with IT, oversee the maintenance of Slack & email distribution lists
- Be responsible for employee events, such as lunch & learns & the weekly meditation series, as well as large-scale annual events like Camp Maven & the holiday party
- Conduct media, events & awards research, draft briefing documents, support campaign execution, & generally pitch in on any Communications activities
What were looking for you to bring:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience
- Creativity & enthusiasm around engaging employees & building a great culture
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, planful approach
- Professional communications skills, comfort working with executive team on their presentations for weekly meetings
- Events management experience
- Ability to create & edit slide decks (Google Slides, PPT)
- Strong writing skills, ability to create drafts of company wide communications
Helpful experiences & skills (if you dont have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Employee engagement strategies
- Change management
- Employee onboarding
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds & experiences enrich our teams & allow us to achieve above & beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application & how it can be additive to our teams.