Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, & give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
The Director CPG Ad Sales will manage Instacart relationships with 5-10 of Instacarts largest CPG advertisers. You will be a voice of CPGs/advertisers within the organization & partner with cross functional teams to deliver on targets. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, can work in a fast-paced growing company, & has experience in ad sales.
Your day to day
- Understand client goals & ambitions for winning in a rapidly growing e-commerce space
- Deliver on individual & team sales goals
- Develop sales collateral, case studies, & custom stories to translate benefits of Instacarts platform to CPG advertisers
- Develop & maintain relationships with advertisers
- Create data-backed proposals for up to multi-million dollar contracts for digital advertising
- Extend relationships into new parts of Fortune 100 CPG partners
- Be a champion for Instacart inside these CPGs in a competitive market
- Lead annual planning & budgeting process with Fortune 100 accounts
- Negotiate & manage master services agreements
- Partner with account management, analytics, product & engineering teams to shape the future of our monetization products
*This role can be located in San Francisco, Chicago or Toronto
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together & Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role?
- 8-10+ years experience
- Search auction understanding & experience (required)
- Comfortable selling new/novel/untested customer engagement tools (required)
- Commercial/financial & data based thinker (required)
- Client relationship builder with executive presence (required)
- Understanding of CPG industry & budgets (required)
- Empathy & understanding for product development & engineering in a fast moving/high growth tech environment (required)
- Ability to stay calm in dynamic, rapidly-changing environments
- Client presence & persuasiveness
- Metrics orientation - can get up to speed on search/ad metrics quickly
- Client service orientation - fast follow ups, general sense of urgency
- Deck making
- Openness to travel
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram & LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment & proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current & future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring & promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.