What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence whats new, now & next in music & audio.
We are currently looking for an experienced professional to join our Content Partnerships team. Based in New York, Berlin or London, this role will be responsible for supporting the development of successful business partnerships with music industry rights holders. In this role, you will partner closely with the Head of Publisher Relations to define & execute the roadmap for Soundclouds licensing negotiations & operational commitments with music publishing content partners. Additionally, you will support the integration of the licensing strategy within SoundCloud consulting with stakeholders throughout the company to ensure roadmaps are aligned.
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator with strong music industry knowledge, relationships & a great understanding of the music publishing licensing landscape.
This is a highly cross functional role with exposure to stakeholders across all of our SoundCloud offices in New York, Berlin, LA, & London. The successful candidate will have a keen analytical mind, strong music industry knowledge, be commercially driven, excellent at communication & project management, a self-starter & enjoys working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Support the development of our content licensing strategy, compile regular reports, drive go to market alignment & provide modeling support
- Build frameworks & tools to optimize product, sector & partner specific deal initiatives as well as support new areas of exploration
- You will actively monitor the competitive landscape & help identify opportunities. You will be responsible for competitive & strategic analysis of existing & potential content partner initiatives.
- Build sustainable cross functional relationships across the business, especially music, business, product, marketing & finance.
- Independently run, ad-hoc projects to analyze & understand business implications of proposed decisions
- Develop weekly/monthly reporting & dashboards to be shared with the content team & other business partners
- Develop & operate content deal management systems providing summaries of business & financial terms for internal partners
- Excellent business judgment; ability to handle complex situations with clarity & confidence & thorough analysis (you do the work!)
- Excellent ability to build relationships & networks with multiple functions, regions, & at all levels of the organization
- You have the ability to conduct research, analyze data, develop robust business cases with relative autonomy & high attention to detail
- Ability to define a business problem, gathering the required information, analyzing the results & communicating a compelling argument
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex initiatives to senior management
- Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills & good understanding of digital music licensing landscape
- Strong resiliency & ambition to get things done despite an often-changing market & competitive situation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with both technical & business audiences
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail to continually improve the users experience
- Proactive, confident, & personable self-starter
- Passionate about the future of music
- BA/BS or other relevant degree required
- 3+ years of experience in a related role
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.