Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. Were scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking & giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology & marketing cloud category. Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data & machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts & ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, & give them ownership, great things happen.
Platform Architects are primarily responsible for architecting on-stack solutions for existing customers utilizing the product, services, & partnerships that exist across the entire Simon ecosystem today. Were looking for process-oriented people, with deep technical expertise who enjoy working directly with customers on their most complex challenges related to data & marketing technology. Simon Data Platform Architects are critical to the long-term success of our customers as youll be advising them on the best ways to integrate Simon to their existing martech stack.
What Youll Do
- Own the scoping, project management, & technical implementation of our largest customers most complex use cases & platform deployments
- Work with customer marketing, product, & engineering teams to advise them on how Simon will fit into their marketing & data stack
- Translate customer use case into Simon workflows based on customer requirements & Simon ecosystem capabilities
- Diagnose challenges at the intersection of data & marketing facing CMOs, CTOs & VP-level leaders at F1000s & high-growth companies
- Serve as the central coordination point between Simon's Product, Sales, & Client Solutions teams to help shape Simon's product vision & deployment into the wider MarTech & data ecosystems.
- Convey the voice of customers to a product & engineering team that is passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, teamwork, & supporting customer objectives
- 8+years of work experience, at least 4 of which are in Solutions Architecture, Sales Engineering, or SaaS implementation - ideally for a MarTech or MarTech adjacent business
- Bachelor's degree (with a technical focus a plus)
- Former software engineering experience strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of API authentication methods, rate limiting, performance management, & error handling
- Ability to distill technical performance specifications from API documentation & map that information to higher-level architectural tradeoffs & decisions
- Knowledge with complex data models & mapping business needs to technical needs & vice versa
- Demonstrated client-facing project management abilities
- Results-oriented strategic thinker who is able to thrive in an unstructured & fast-paced environment
- Intellectually curious & a problem solver
- Superior emotional intelligence & communication skills
- Ability to quickly absorb & understand the ever-changing landscape of data & marketing technology (prior knowledge a plus)
- Ability to work independently to deliver outcomes, & work with people across teams
What We Offer
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employee AND family
- Flexible PTO
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Remote work, quarterly wellness, & client support stipends
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.