At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a Paralegal to join its Compliance Team! Do you want to shape the future of the fastest growing app in the US? Do you want to have fun while you hustle?
The Compliance Team is responsible for understanding, communicating, & fulfilling Lyfts legal requirements. As a Licensing Paralegal, you will be responsible for ensuring Lyfts licensing processes run smoothly & efficiently across various lines of business. You should be a hyper-organized self-starter, & able to take direction easily & with a good attitude. You will report into the Senior Counsel, Regulatory Compliance in this role.
- Prepare & manage files & documents, including initial & renewal license applications, to ensure that Lyfts compliance requirements are met with regard to multiple lines of business
- Help determine which licenses Lyft must obtain before launching a business line in a new market
- Ensure that all of Lyfts licenses & permits are valid, up to date & timely renewed
- Oversee maintenance of compliance records & data
- Liaise with other teams within the company & external parties regarding licensing matters
- Assist team members with issues, questions & research related to licensing & other compliance issues
- Bachelors degree & 2+ years relevant paralegal or compliance experience
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Exceptionally organized, efficient, & articulate
- Proficiency working in a Mac environment, & specifically with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.), Excel, Adobe Acrobat & Word
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.