This role is an opportunity to lead the design & development of footwear for an industry leading family of fitness products & accessories. You will work closely with our talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, & key business stakeholders to develop innovative footwear & accessories for a variety of fitness disciplines. You're highly motivated, super organized, & enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- End-to-end product development from research & early concept exploration, to product execution & launch - you will be an active participant & driving force throughout the complete product development cycle
- Independently leading complete design & approval of individual parts & assemblies, both large & small
- Contributes to defining & advancing Pelotons product design language & visual brand identity
- Manage contributing designers & provide design feedback & direction across multiple projects
- Actively demonstrate innovation thought & leadership to adjacent teams
- Lead brainstorming sessions with other designers, senior technical staff, product management, & marketing team members
- Inspire peers with a creative approach to thinking & problem solving
- Last development & research studies for improved fit
- Collaborate with outside suppliers, material vendors, & shoe manufacturers to enable design success & address technical issues throughout the development process
- Creation of proof-of-concept prototypes / fit samples for testing
- Interface with SATRA & other testing experts to make best-in-class shoe fit & quality
- Build detailed tech packs with material maps, color CADs, & component specs for hand off to engineering & outside vendors
- Reviewing vendor samples & pre-production parts for mass production approval
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design or related field
- 10+ years experience in performance footwear/apparel design
- Must possess a deep understanding in areas of materials & manufacturing processes
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles & adjacent technical domains
- Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Excellent visual, verbal, & written communication skills
**please include a link to your portfolio on your resume or else we will not be able to review you as a candidate**
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) & based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.