Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them reach, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers & technologists. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
For the first time, Stack Overflow is looking for a Senior Marketing Data Analyst to build an analytics discipline within the Marketing team. We have three paid products, Stack Overflow for Teams, Stack Overflow Advertising & Stack Overflow Talent; each of which has their own customer journey, lifecycle, & marketing initiatives that we need to optimize. While were very open to hiring remote (globally), we need your working hours to overlap with at least the hours of 10AM - 1PM US Eastern time.
Who were looking for:
- You are a trusted partner. When someone comes to you with a data need, you ask what, how, when, & help them narrow in on their needs, present other ideas/areas for them to consider, & give them something actionable.
- You are a builder & automator. Whether its a shiny app in R, a dashboard, or simple Google sheet, you know how to build tools & automations to make data easy to access & understand.
- You are comfortable working with a variety of existing data sets. Campaign analytics, website traffic, sales data, product usage, survey responses, etc. Even if you havent worked with the data before, you know you can figure it out.
- You know how & when to use surveys to get the data you need. You know how to run the full process from writing the questions to execution to presenting the results.
- You are comfortable in a newly created role. We havent had a Marketing Data Analyst before - you can help shape what this role is from the start.
What youll do:
- Priority 1 - partner with your Marketing colleagues to plan & build reports to identify the customer purchase journey & lifecycle experience for our paid products - from discovery through purchase through onboarding & adoption. Find the KPIs that have the most influence through the process & build a system to monitor & report on these using Salesforce, Marketo, and/or Looker.
- Priority 2 - build on priority 1 by developing measurement & attribution methodologies, funnel optimizations, lead scoring, LTV models & comprehensive marketing analytics.
- Priority 3 - find & craft stories to tell in campaigns, on our website, & in other content. Use surveys & existing data to bring the value of our paid products to life.
- Your everyday responsibilities:
- Critically think about any priority, methodology, process, requirement, and/or request
- Design new methodologies, pull necessary data, & build accurate models & reports
- Collaborate across internal teams & help them become more data savvy
- Communicate & visualize insights to multiple levels of stakeholders with clarity & a focus on informing decision-making
What youll need to have:
- Prior Marketing Analyst role.
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics with a focus on marketing analytics, statistical analysis, survey development & execution, forecasting & optimization.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, related quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have done & can do these things:
- Work cross functionally across teams & build trust with your partners
- Manage your priorities & requests
- Think & act strategically as well as execute on tasks on time
- Communicate effectively - you can adjust how you communicate depending on who you are speaking with & what you need to say
- Write up findings & present them to various partners so they know what they need to know & how they should act on the findings
- Technologies youve used (or know you can learn): R, SQL, Python, BigQuery, Looker, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketo, advertising platforms, survey platforms.
- If this job interests you but you arent certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway!
- An obvious one for writers, but we dont consider applications without cover letters - please make sure to include yours & talk about why you want to work here.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.