Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying & executing strategic growth opportunities to support the growth of the P&L - either for existing business or new business lines. You will get end to end exposure to the company, working across departments & learning about the entire customer journey from start to finish. If you want to be part of a journey that impacts tens of millions of people & helps them lead better lives, join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify & lead projects that will help improve overall customer experience, across different points in our users learning journey
- Help expand the reach of the company to serve new user types across new use cases, market segments & geographies
- Work with the Strategy, Partnerships, Product, Curriculum, Marketing & Finance teams to execute on your projects, owning implementation & results
- Leverage user data, learner insights & market research to ensure optimal execution & strong user & business impact.
- Work on ad-hoc special projects, internal operations & processes as we scale from a 150 person company to 500 over the next 2 years
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Passion for learning, being exposed to new/unchartered territory & gaining exposure to a breadth of topics (versus developing depth in a specific area)
- An owners mindset that helps you find solutions to complex & daunting problems
- The ability to be comfortable with ambiguity
- 3+ years of experience in Investment Banking, Consulting, Tech Startup or related fields
- Exceptional quantitative skills & analytical aptitude, with an eye for detail
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills with excitement to work on cross-functional teams & projects
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- A background in engineering, computer science or data science
- Growth to late stage technology or entrepreneurial experience
- Experience in the B2B SaaS space
- Experience working in the Education, Education Technology or Skill Development space
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.