At Expa were dedicated to being the best place for entrepreneurs to create & build companies. Expa was founded in 2013 by Uber co-founder Garrett Camp to help bring great ideas to life. Were builders, founders, & operators ourselves, know the struggles that come with starting a new company, & what it takes to succeed. We support entrepreneurs with more than just funding we offer a valuable network, office space, & our advice & expertise.
Were hiring a Community Manager who will be responsible for engaging & cultivating our community of founders. Being an entrepreneur is oftentimes a lonely journey & we want our community of founders to have the support of experts & other entrepreneurs going through similar journeys. Youll be the connective force between our founders, the Expa team, our advisors, & the broader community.
This individual will work in an unstructured yet goal-directed environment. It will be up to them to take top-level goals, translate them into tangible workstreams & initiatives, then execute effectively.
Expa is a tight-knit, cross-functional team that avoids politics, moves quickly & supports one another. We are growing our team of like-minded individuals who share an ethos of empathy, service, & curiosity.
- Build & maintain relationships with founding team members of our portfolio companies
- Design & execute programming that will foster connections in our community, understanding & directly addressing entrepreneurs needs, both IRL & virtually
- Develop the end to end event programming calendar & cadence for event strategy, incorporating various forms of content & event formats
- Help design an impactful agenda of content, activities, & speakers for all events, continually ideating creative ways to inspire attendees & enhance the learning experience
- Welcome people into our community with an exceptionally delightful experiencefrom a personal introduction, sending welcome kits, to making introductions to the family
- Make connections within Expa network members online & offlineto the right people, at the right time
- Build peer groups between functional leaders within the portfolio to enable collaboration & knowledge sharing via off-line & online mediums
- Facilitate introductions for our community members to experts & other folks that would benefit them
- Identify, create & foster meaningful relationships with people & organizations in the startup ecosystem
- Create & maintain intentional spaces for founders to meaningfully connect, ask questions, & share experiences
- 4+ years in a Community position, preferably in VC or accelerator/incubator space
- Experience working with entrepreneurs & senior leaders
- Posses hands-on proficiency & experience with many online tools for managing community, social media interactions, event production, & project management
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with a proven ability to foster communication & cooperation among diverse individuals online & offline
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders at Expa; teamwork is essential to this role
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity & motivated to experiment new strategies to build community while meeting deadlines & delivering at a high caliber
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail
- High EQ; able to build trust with the community