As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is Visa's push payments solution to support instant P2P payments & disbursements. Visa believes the global opportunity for instant push payments is $55 trillion in annual payments volume - with an excess of 85% of this fulfilled through checks, cash or other slow forms of payment. While some of this volume represents traditional P2M payments, a significant proportion represents new use-cases (P2P, sharing economy payouts, & merchant disbursements) whereby funds are sent to consumers & small businesses. Financial institutions, payments providers & technology companies are leveraging Visa Direct to transform the way money is moved by consumers & businesses.
Nature of role
- The role requires a broad range of skills - familiarity with digital payment technologies with partners, liaising with internal & external stakeholders for the development, execution of projects, lead teams, & communicate with senior management.
- The candidate should be a quick learner & detail oriented with the ability to understand & manage all aspects of the Visa Direct capability including technology, risk, operations, pricing etc.
- The role will report directly to the Head of Acquirer Enablement & Ecosystem Readiness for LAC, based in Miami, FL, & will work very closely with the Andean country teams or any other Andean stakeholders when required.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to identify opportunities with issuers & processing partners & co-develop solutions to enable the receipt of Visa Direct transactions. The role will require to project management with a client facing emphasis on guidance, best practice execution, while helping local Visa team successfully complete each implementation.
- The role requires strategic leadership on important engagements with partners in the Andean Region (Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador) that are critical to the success of Visa Direct. Starting with early-stage consultation to understand the Partners' needs, agreeing on scope & timelines & then managing multiple teams within Visa to develop & implement the agreed solution. The role-holder will have end-to-end engagement responsibility for the Visa Direct projects.
- Besides external stakeholders, the candidate would also work with key internal functional leads including country teams, client services, technology, risk etc. to ensure the required level of Visa Direct knowhow & readiness to support clients.
- Key matrices that the candidate would be responsible for would include product readiness in key markets, transaction success rates & service quality. The role will also require briefing country & product executives on product infrastructure readiness, gaps & necessary interventions
- 10+ years of experience, including at least five years of experience in professional services & client engagement in the financial technology domain.
- Visa & financial/payment industry knowledge as well as P2P market experience will be considered a strong asset, but is not essential.
- The successful candidate must have good understanding of the banking & payments landscape for Andean countries preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written & presentation necessary in Spanish & English.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines & frequent changes
- Ability to explain complex business & technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way.
- A good network of technology service suppliers around the region
- A track record working cross functionally & delivering measurable result, while managing stakeholders throughout the process
- Close affinity with scheme based payments
- Experience in working with API & ISO standard financials services systems
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law