Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious & enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved & well known throughout the worldover 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure & understand feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & the market. And our enterprise-grade products & solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challengesfrom delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Product Research Team
Product Research at SurveyMonkey aims to conduct critical research that helps drive strategic decision-making for the company & our products, all informed by a deep understanding of our current & future customers. As a company that creates a research platform for others to use, our researchers are in a unique position to be thought leaders, providing scaled guidance & expertise on a particular use case in our product to millions of users worldwide.
What we're looking for
SurveyMonkey is looking for an experienced researcher to build the enablement function on the Product Research & Methodology team. You'll create training & provide consulting so that cross-functional partners can conduct their own research that helps inform each stage of the product development lifecycle.
- Lead the growth of the research enablement discipline on the product research team, while building strong relationships with Product, Design, Marketing, & Strategy
- Design & conduct training on research methods that deepens our cross-functional partners' understanding of research & ultimately, our customers
- Consult & review research projects to ensure that research conducted by cross-functional teams still adhere to the highest standards of quality
- Mentor researchers about research best practices
- 6+ years of experience conducting product research, user experience (UX) research, or research in an applied setting
- Expert in qualitative & quantitative research methods, such as surveys, user testing, interviews, & card sorting
- Strong understanding of various research methodologies, including when & how to apply them during each product phase
- Ability to translate business questions to key research objectives, identify the best methodology to execute research, synthesize & analyze findings
- Excellent communicator & storyteller with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in Product, Design, Marketing, & Strategy
- Passion for enabling cross-functional teams to increase their understanding of research
- Advanced degree in research, psychology, social sciences, human factors, HCI, or other related field is preferred, but not required
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.