We are seeking a talented accounting analyst to help us build & scale our growing accounting team. The role will entail working through cutting edge accounting issues in the crypto space & implementing best-in-class processes & controls. This is a unique opportunity to learn & work across multiple areas as a key member of a high performing team.
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
- Assist with financial close process
- Prepare & maintain prepaid, accrual, & amortization schedules
- Assist with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis & report on variances versus plan & prior periods to efficiently report results
- Manage & process A/P for the company, retail borrower activity, & other ancillary activities
- Prepare bank & balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist in the implementation & documentation of processes & controls
- Assist in implementation & integration of an ERP system with various sub-ledgers
- Work & interface with external accounting firm on annual tax return & audit
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects & analysis, as assigned
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting experience, ideally with 2 years experience in public accounting
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, team-oriented
- Strong problem solving skills, self-starter
- Detailed oriented
- Experience with Quickbooks, Sage Intacct, or other cloud-based ERP system preferable
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFis leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $48 MM of Series A & B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand